afl's Nashville Kats cease operations

otherwilds

From what I heard, the Valozzi's (aka Asshat Bros.) right to Milwaukee's AFL slot expired a couple years ago. But that was according to a guy at the arenafootball.com message board... not the most credible source.

As far as the Valozzi's, they had a sh***y business plan that didn't take into account that attendance would level off if they kept putting losing teams on the floor (which seems to be the case with every pro team in this city... invest absolutely no time, effort or money into the team, then blame the fans for being "disloyal"). So they used the Bradley Center's proposed renovations as an excuse to "deactivate" the team when there was a perfectly adequate arena right across the street.

Speaking of the Mecca (U.S. Cellular Arena... bleh), a CIFL team is starting there next year. But I think, even 7 years later, they'll still be hurt by the Mustangs fiasco.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I'll bite. I didn't want to but ya forced me to anyway. :) But, there are "RUMORS" swirling that the AFL is coming back to Brew City starting as soon as this upcoming season??!!!?? But, that is all I can say at this moment as I am sworn to secrecy reguarding this matter.

packchampionslfroh.png

The only rumors that I've heard are Las Vegas relocating to Cleveland (which it looks like this will happen) and Washington actually coming in this year, which I wont believe until it happens. I've heard nothing about Milwaukee for this year, but of coarse it's the AFL so you never know, but since the CIFL has a team there now, I dunno.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I think that 16 teams in the AFL is just right. The death of the Nashville Kats is a damn shame because I believed that the AFL is slowly getting popular just like the NHL had during the 90's. Just do a better TV contract and they'll be in business.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

The only rumors that I've heard are Las Vegas relocating to Cleveland (which it looks like this will happen) and Washington actually coming in this year, which I wont believe until it happens. I've heard nothing about Milwaukee for this year, but of coarse it's the AFL so you never know, but since the CIFL has a team there now, I dunno.

Supposedly Brian Noble, who owns the af2's Green Bay Blizzard, was trying to get the legwork done for Milwaukee, but it has been awhile since I've seen an update on that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived