afl's Nashville Kats cease operations

otherwilds

Nashville Kats cease operations The Nashville Kats of the Arena Football League have ceased operations, according to a statement released this afternoon by Titans owner Bud Adams.

?After much deliberation, I have made the difficult decision to cease operations for the Nashville Kats Arena Football Team," the statement said. "I take pride in the fact that we were able to secure an AFL franchise, retain the Kats name and logo and return year-round football to Nashville for three seasons.

"Unfortunately, our ownership group couldn?t put together a viable financial model that would be successful over the long-term. I?d like to thank our loyal Kats fans and all of our coaches and staff for their dedication and hard work.?

In August, Adams said he was evaluating his alternatives for the franchise.

And nothing else of note at KatsOnline.com article

As a former season ticket holder I will miss them but am not surprised at all.

RobbyBox2.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nashville Kats cease operations The Nashville Kats of the Arena Football League have ceased operations, according to a statement released this afternoon by Titans owner Bud Adams.

“After much deliberation, I have made the difficult decision to cease operations for the Nashville Kats Arena Football Team," the statement said. "I take pride in the fact that we were able to secure an AFL franchise, retain the Kats name and logo and return year-round football to Nashville for three seasons.

"Unfortunately, our ownership group couldn’t put together a viable financial model that would be successful over the long-term. I’d like to thank our loyal Kats fans and all of our coaches and staff for their dedication and hard work.”

In August, Adams said he was evaluating his alternatives for the franchise.

And nothing else of note at KatsOnline.com article

As a former season ticket holder I will miss them but am not surprised at all.

Great,that's just :censored: great. That plus the uncertain future 2 more franchise this city is gonna become Green Bay South (w/ all due respect to the Green Bay people on the board.)

Great,that's just :censored: great. That plus the uncertain future 2 more franchise this city is gonna become Green Bay South (w/ all due respect to the Green Bay people on the board.)

Oz, I just got a call for you from the Green Bay Anti-Defamation League -- they said something about boiling you in hot cheddar... I told them you were out. Thought I'd let you know.

:upside:

philly.png

Oz, I just got a call for you from the Green Bay Anti-Defamation League -- they said something about boiling you in hot cheddar... I told them you were out. Thought I'd let you know.

I would like to formally apologize to the people of Green Bay,WI for the insensitive comments i made about their great city and community.:D

So, let's see how it's shaking out for '08...

- Nashville gone

- Austin gone, re-forming in af2

- Las Vegas (Lord willing) gone or moving to Cleveland partnering with Bernie Kosar, possibly new, refreshingly-competent ownership taking their place in Vegas

- Washington Warriors rumored to... yeah, whatever, we go through that every year.

Is this league ever gonna see 20 teams?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Probably not. Which is just as well. I've always figured that such an event would provoke the apocalypse.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, let's see how it's shaking out for '08...

- Nashville gone

- Austin gone, re-forming in af2

- Las Vegas (Lord willing) gone or moving to Cleveland partnering with Bernie Kosar, possibly new, refreshingly-competent ownership taking their place in Vegas

- Washington Warriors rumored to... yeah, whatever, we go through that every year.

Is this league ever gonna see 20 teams?

Georgia's moving.....25 minutes up the interstate, to the Gwinnett Arena, northeast of Atlanta.

The AFL will never see 20 teams under its current business model. There just aren't enough suckers out there willing to lose that much money.

Bud Adams has literally hundreds of millions of dollars, and he just walked away from the AFL and what was viewed as one of its most traditional markets.

You're beginning to see the end for the league. It might take another 10, even 20 years to fold, but sadly, the beginning of the end of the AFL has begun.

nav-logo.png

The AFL will never see 20 teams under its current business model. There just aren't enough suckers out there willing to lose that much money.

Bud Adams has literally hundreds of millions of dollars, and he just walked away from the AFL and what was viewed as one of its most traditional markets.

You're beginning to see the end for the league. It might take another 10, even 20 years to fold, but sadly, the beginning of the end of the AFL has begun.

It actually started this past season when the league eliminated "the ironman" aspect of the game IMO.

That's what I don't get. You have an established market that felt it had its first franchise unfairly yanked from it, along with solid NFL-connected ownership, and yet, the team couldn't draw flies. What was going wrong down there?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That's what I don't get. You have an established market that felt it had its first franchise unfairly yanked from it, along with solid NFL-connected ownership, and yet, the team couldn't draw flies. What was going wrong down there?

From what I saw elsewhere, he took the infamous "Field of Dreams" approach.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Simple: The AFL's business model is fatally flawed, spending beyond its revenue capabilities. It's done it almost since its inception, only it somehow has kept managing to find suckers willing to invest tens of millions into franchises, thinking that they'll be the ones to buck the trend.

nav-logo.png

I would like to formally apologize to the people of Green Bay,WI for the insensitive comments i made about their great city and community.:D

great city and community, *falls on the floor in laughter*, i lived there for 18 years and god thats the first time i have heard it be called that but on topic here

sucks to see the team go, who knows maybe this will open up the possibility of a expansion team, *coughs* green bay (the afl2 team is doing fairly decent in this area) or they could bring back an old franchise as an expansion (like what the nfl did with the browns) couple teams i'll throw out there, toronto phantoms, iowa barnstormers, and carolina cobras, just some thoughts

ryanmillersig.gif

Georgia's moving.....25 minutes up the interstate, to the Gwinnett Arena, northeast of Atlanta.

again. they originally were in gwinnett, then they moved down to atlanta, and now they're moving again. what a surprise :rolleyes:

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

again. they originally were in gwinnett, then they moved down to atlanta, and now they're moving again. what a surprise :rolleyes:

It was they thought they could sell more seats in Phillips, but it ended up it was too big, so they moved back to the Gwinnett Center.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived