Field painting

Cola

Okay, for the last 5 years I have been doing the field painting for the high school I went to. I started when I was a sophomore in high school and having been doing it ever since. Here is my problem, every year I have to FREE HAND the logo in the middle...then going over it every week isn't so bad. Does anyone know a good and cheap alternative to making a stencil or something? I happen to think I do a good job and I could probably even post some pics possibly. I really enjoy painting it and haven't really made a mistake YET- but I'm afraid I will and it's not easily corrected. If anyone has any info on it, web pages on it, or any kind of experiences; I would love to hear about it. Thanks...

Any time I've had to freehand something in a large format and a lighted projection wasn't feasible, I've divided the artwork into gridded sections, then focused on making each square perfect when I painted the larger copy. I don't know if I articulated the concept well, but if not, I can try rewording it.

Well sometimes I would print out the logo and as strange as this may say I would divide it up and "count off steps across the field". I would also sometimes layout a small rope if there was a curve or something; I would lay it like I would want it painted and paint over it. It's just hard to paint each individual square when you are talking about something that is at least 10'x10'. Anyone know of something that is good to use for a stencil- even if the stencil has to be pieced together?

I would suggest buying a cheap bed spread.  Draw an outline of the logo and punch holes (sort of reverse version of connect the dots.  Then put it on the field, with white paint, paint those dots.  Once finished, uncover it, and now you have the outline and can paint the rest of the way.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

BTW, nice pic, James Brown is from down the road where I live. He goes to church (can you believe it) even a shorter distance down the road from me.

JB, the Godfather of Soul.  Hit me!  *trumpets blare Dunnn Neeeh*

remember the SNL Eddie Murphy skits?  hilarious for any fan of JB.

this is this week's mug shot for "domestic abuse" (wonder who got the best of who...).

i thought he was either in Akien or Augusta, close by either way.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

SCHelmetProject

When I was in Carrollton, MO the booster club made two stencils out of pressboard - the wood was donated.

Both sheets were cut with a jigsaw after drawing the logos on to the boards.  

Just a thought.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived