Thanks Art!

fiasco!

Hate to say it... but seeing fans of the Packers and Cubs telling Browns fans to "get over it" is sending my hypocrisy alarm into overdrive.

Could you imaging the riots in Green Bay and Chicago if either one of those teams tried to move?

The difference as far as Packer fans go is they have their priorities straight. When it comes to public funding, the Packers would always win out over any other sport or project. Cleveland can't say the same. Both the Bucks and the Brewers could threaten to leave the state and the locals would call their bluff. A threat by the Pack would be taken much more seriously.

Good point... those morons in Cleveland and Milwaukee would rather spend their money on frivolous things like education and city matinence. The hell are they/we thinking? :rolleyes:

Spending more money on education is nice, but if it's misappropriated on what parts of education it's spent on, then it probably does as much good for the city if they had spent it on a stadium instead.

I'll just say this on Clevelanders being mad at Modell over Paul Brown and Jim Brown...to think people here get on me having a grudge over Super Bowl XXXVI. :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big event starts in about 24 hours, but I haven't seen any checks yet to cover my ticket (and one for my son, if you can spare an extra $125). Frankly, I'm both surprised and disappointed.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Cleveland fans can take comfort in the fact Jim Brown was not in attendance, as he was apparently making sure his house wasn't lost to the California wildfires.

I should also note that I was not there either, thanks to the lack of generosity of my CCSLC brethren. I will be in the same facility tonight, just 24 hours too late.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Hate to say it... but seeing fans of the Packers and Cubs telling Browns fans to "get over it" is sending my hypocrisy alarm into overdrive.

Could you imaging the riots in Green Bay and Chicago if either one of those teams tried to move?

The difference as far as Packer fans go is they have their priorities straight. When it comes to public funding, the Packers would always win out over any other sport or project. Cleveland can't say the same. Both the Bucks and the Brewers could threaten to leave the state and the locals would call their bluff. A threat by the Pack would be taken much more seriously.

Good point... those morons in Cleveland and Milwaukee would rather spend their money on frivolous things like education and city matinence. The hell are they/we thinking? :rolleyes:

Spending more money on education is nice, but if it's misappropriated on what parts of education it's spent on, then it probably does as much good for the city if they had spent it on a stadium instead.

I'll just say this on Clevelanders being mad at Modell over Paul Brown and Jim Brown...to think people here get on me having a grudge over Super Bowl XXXVI. :blink:

Schools don't have millionaire and billionaire owners who can pay for their own facilities...

Schools don't have millionaire and billionaire owners who can pay for their own facilities...

. . . except Oprah's school, but that is in South Africa. :P

I never did get to see Art (as you know). However, while at the same facility last night I did get to see one Peter G. Angelos, Esq. Rest assured that I did not offer him thanks.

Archived