Dolphin Logo Tweak

dirwuf

This isn't really much, you know. This really isn't your work. :mellow:

Its a concept...an idea. Just because its close to the original doesn't mean its not his work. It might not be overly creative but its still his work. Sometimes you just have to think simple to get your point across.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Its a concept...an idea. Just because its close to the original doesn't mean its not his work. It might not be overly creative but its still his work. Sometimes you just have to think simple to get your point across.

Isn't that what this is? A concepts board?

So he didn't do much, he knows that and admits it.

As for the concept itself, I think that the dolphin is fine where it is today, it's the navy that has to go.

As for the concept itself, I think that the dolphin is fine where it is today, it's the navy that has to go.

I agree that the dolphin is fine where it is but he was saying it wasn't his work when it was. I didn't say I would rather this one but I am just saying that people have the right to post concepts even if its just a little thing like that. Like for instance if someone took the nashville predators logo and took some detail out of it...is it their work...is it a concept? IMO yes it is...even a color change is a concept...although you can do a good color change and use detail or you can just go take the bucket tool on paint and call it a conept.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I agree that the dolphin is fine where it is but he was saying it wasn't his work when it was. I didn't say I would rather this one but I am just saying that people have the right to post concepts even if its just a little thing like that. Like for instance if someone took the nashville predators logo and took some detail out of it...is it their work...is it a concept? IMO yes it is...even a color change is a concept...although you can do a good color change and use detail or you can just go take the bucket tool on paint and call it a conept.

Uhh, I was agreeing with you.... no need to be so defensive... ^_^

no offense taken. its not having a go. its just defining a term.

bro, you put him back in the sun and coloured round his tale. how long did that take?

Doesn't matter.

The original poster was very clear that he was offering only a tweak on the current logo. How much time does he have to spend on a tweak before it becomes worthy of posting in your opinion?

no offense taken. its not having a go. its just defining a term.

bro, you put him back in the sun and coloured round his tale. how long did that take?

Doesn't matter.

The original poster was very clear that he was offering only a tweak on the current logo. How much time does he have to spend on a tweak before it becomes worthy of posting in your opinion?

i was initially defending the point that it was just a tweek (as stated in the title and) as in previous post.

however, the second sentence was a response to the point that this is not more than a slight alteration.

when does an alteration become a concept? well in my opinion, it doesnt.

a concept or an idea is just that. taking an existing logo and revising it is also, just that. a revision

so i would regard this as a small revision/ tweek/ change to an existing logo. certainly not an idea in design terms.

the initial point to my first post refers only to that matter of semantics.

Geez...I thought I made it clear in the title that this was a tweak. And I think I did a bit more than "ever so slightly alter".

CUURENT LOGO: MIA_875.gif

MY VERSION: fin.jpg

Sorry I offended everybody.

You DON'T need to apologize. But I see the point where you didn't really do much except bring the logo back to the 70s style with some updated color, right? A concept would be a change from what they have to me...not a slight alteration.

All that said....something I hadn't noticed and I'm glad you did an AWESOME JOB of "correcting": The current logo has the sun's outline breaking as if the dolphin was somehow jumping through it (and being larger than it)....where in yours, it is clear that the dolphin is jumping in front of it. Bravo!

I think most of the artists here are awesome...and I love coming here daily to see what new things they've cooked up. We should let the semantic debate die.....maybe create a logo recolorization/ tweak forum in addition to concepts just so things like this can be in their "proper" place?!?!

jongarlanduj6.jpg

...you didn't really do much except bring the logo back to the 70s style with some updated color, right?

Just to clarify, I took the current day elements and placed them in the configuration of the early 1970's logo, which was...

100px-Dolphins_logo_1966-1973.jpg

Archived