CoolBase Jerseys

oakland ehs

Does anyone own one? Im just wondering what they're like, because I'm thinking I might want to get one as opposed to a regular authentic, so I'm just wondering what they're like, what you think of them, etc, because I haven't found much on them online.

Does anyone own one? Im just wondering what they're like, because I'm thinking I might want to get one as opposed to a regular authentic, so I'm just wondering what they're like, what you think of them, etc, because I haven't found much on them online.

I've seen the Cool Base authentics for sale in person and I'll say I'd never buy one -- the material is very similar (if not the same) as the B.P. uniforms, very light material.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I've seen the Cool Base authentics for sale in person and I'll say I'd never buy one -- the material is very similar (if not the same) as the B.P. uniforms, very light material.

Much comfier, easy to move. I have to think the players love them, but not as heavy as the original double knit. There are some cheap game issued Rockies white vests on ebay that are cool base. like 50 bucks. I would have one but the wife says too many jerseys...

Much comfier, easy to move. I have to think the players love them, but not as heavy as the original double knit. There are some cheap game issued Rockies white vests on ebay that are cool base. like 50 bucks. I would have one but the wife says too many jerseys...

...maybe you should get a personalized DIVORCEE 07 jersey.... :D

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Assuming you live near Oakland, or actually anywhere on the West Coast north of Monterey, you probably don't need a CoolBase jersey. They are what they say they are. Very light fabric, in terms of layer-warmth as well as actual weight. It gets ugly hot here in the DC area in summer; bright sun, 90s or warmer, and near-100-percent humidity. Beastly. Wearing a regular thick polyester jersey over a t-shirt in mid-summer Washington heat is about as comfortable as putting on a snowsuit. But my CoolBase jersey has less of an effect when worn over a t-shirt than a second cotton t-shirt would. I can throw my CoolBase jersey over a t-shirt and sit in the sun at RFK all afternoon and not get any hotter than I would have been without the jersey.

If it doesn't get that kind of beastly hot three months at a time where you are, you might find the CoolBase jersey unnecessary, and if it's not necessary, then it may just feel like a really cheap jersey. It feels like very thin Rayon or silk, and my size-44 CoolBase jersey is much tighter than my size-44 regular authentics. So much so that my CoolBase jersey really can't be worn untucked. And it has absolutely zero wind-blocking ability. If there's a chill in the air or even a cool breeze, you might as well be wearing a cheesecloth shroud.

Also, the CoolBase is totally unforgiving of printed graphics on the shirt you wear under it. Don't get a CoolBase jersey expecting to throw it over your "Colbert/Putin 2008" t-shirt on the way to the ballgame. Whatever's on your shirt under the jersey will show through, and you'll look like a dweeb. Think white blouse, black bra, on a man.

What it would boil down to for me, after two years of wearing a CoolBase jersey in the DC heat, is utility. If you find that you don't wear an authentic jersey because of the heat, then a CoolBase jersey is probably the way to go. If you find that you want a jersey to fit you more like a regular shirt, then a CoolBase jersey is a solid option. If neither of those two conditions apply to you, then I would expect you'd be happier with a standard jersey.

20082614447.png

• 4 months later...

UPDATE!

Well, guess who figured out how to make a grey COOLBASE baseball jersey? Majestic! It only took them 2 years after they had all the other fabric colors available!

Detroit Tigers Road COOLBASE jersey

Jersey Joe is pre-selling them. They'll be available in May. I haven't checked all the teams, but it looks like quite a few of the "popular" teams (DET, BOS, ATL) are available. I saw that Houston (the team of interest for me) is not available.

Incidentally, I saw a site online that sells blank Majestic COOLBASE jerseys (both conventional button-up and the one-button BP style). Interestingly, on the button-ups, the ones that are just like the COOLBASE jersey MLB teams have, they do not come with the underarm gussets. The underarm gussets are something MLB has done specifically for their jerseys. I bought one of the button-ups for my softball team, and the jersey is the same as the MLB COOLBASE jersey, except for the gussets (a friend of mine has a MLB COOLBASE button-up).

Majestic COOLBASE Game Jerseys

Majestic COOLBASE BP Jerseys

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

very cool Bouj, do you know if that site is reliable/ if their is stuff quality? i would like to buy some from them to make some custom jerseys, but i don't want to waste my time on a site that will send me crappy knockoff jerseys 3 weeks after they were supposed to. also, does anyone know about sizes of majestic jerseys? i don't have any, and don't know if i should go large or XL. any help is appreciated.

very cool Bouj, do you know if that site is reliable/ if their is stuff quality? i would like to buy some from them to make some custom jerseys, but i don't want to waste my time on a site that will send me crappy knockoff jerseys 3 weeks after they were supposed to. also, does anyone know about sizes of majestic jerseys? i don't have any, and don't know if i should go large or XL. any help is appreciated.

If you're looking into replicas, you will basically wear your shirt size.

If you're looking authentic, I was in the same boat you were in, but if you're near any stores that sell them, I recommend you go try them on. I on the other hand, do not live near any stores that sell authentic MLB jerseys.

I ended up ordering a 48 (XL shirt and replica jersey normally), and it makes me wish they made a 50 (you'd only find that custom made for a player). It's fine in most places, but a few spots it's pretty tight, like on the hips because it's longer and meant to be tucked in, as well as a bit around the chest because I have such ripped and well defined pecs. *cough* :rolleyes:

So if you find any of this to be the case with yourself, ask yourself if you like to wear a jersey like a shirt or like Manny Ramirez. I might recommend you get a 52, or use a 48 as some incentive to get into a bit better shape like I have done.

Which site? Jersey Joe or Baseball Savings? I've ordered from both. Jersey Joe is like Distant Replays. I've ordered from them before. It's been a while, but they're on the level.

Baseball Savings is a one of those discount, "profit by volume" dealers. Basically, they're Wal-Mart. I have bought a bunch of stuff from them, from gloves to jackets to jerseys. The jerseys are real Majestic jerseys. You think I have seen the blanks in a couple of other places, but I save about $5 from getting them at Baseball Savings.

I've bought 3 of the BP COOLBASE jerseys and one of the button-up COOLBASE jerseys from them and have had them made into custom jerseys. I am getting a couple of them done right now, but when I get them back next week, I'll post a pic or two. My only beef with the button-up is that it is slightly shorter than a regular Majestic jersey. I'm tall (6'3"), so it's kind of a pain to wear tucked in (I only wear the jersey tucked into baseball pants when I play, never in shorts or jeans). And listen to what oakland ehs says about sizes for Majestics too.

And they ship pretty fast. They're in KS, and it only takes a couple of days to get anything in my hands in Houston via standard shipping. I don't like to tell people, "Hey spend your money here" or whatever, but I trust Baseball Savings, and I am unbelievable picky and borderline snobbish about this kind of stuff.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

UPDATE!

Well, guess who figured out how to make a grey COOLBASE baseball jersey? Majestic! It only took them 2 years after they had all the other fabric colors available!

Excellent.

Now if they can just find a way to make pinstriped versions, they'd be in business.

They make pinstripes. The Cubs & Phillies home jerseys are available in COOLBASE, and the teams have worn them for 2 seasons now. If you mean the Yankees, they choose not to wear the COOLBASE jerseys.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

UPDATE!

Excellent.

Now if they can just find a way to make pinstriped versions, they'd be in business.

They make pinstripes. The Cubs & Phillies home jerseys are available in COOLBASE, and the teams have worn them for 2 seasons now. If you mean the Yankees, they choose not to wear the COOLBASE jerseys.

Except the underarm gusset material they use doesn't come that way, leading to a situation like this (see the zoomed-in portion):

pMLB2-2764981dt.jpg

I think this is what was being referred to.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Assuming you live near Oakland, or actually anywhere on the West Coast north of Monterey, you probably don't need a CoolBase jersey. They are what they say they are. Very light fabric, in terms of layer-warmth as well as actual weight. It gets ugly hot here in the DC area in summer; bright sun, 90s or warmer, and near-100-percent humidity. Beastly. Wearing a regular thick polyester jersey over a t-shirt in mid-summer Washington heat is about as comfortable as putting on a snowsuit. But my CoolBase jersey has less of an effect when worn over a t-shirt than a second cotton t-shirt would. I can throw my CoolBase jersey over a t-shirt and sit in the sun at RFK all afternoon and not get any hotter than I would have been without the jersey.

If it doesn't get that kind of beastly hot three months at a time where you are, you might find the CoolBase jersey unnecessary, and if it's not necessary, then it may just feel like a really cheap jersey. It feels like very thin Rayon or silk, and my size-44 CoolBase jersey is much tighter than my size-44 regular authentics. So much so that my CoolBase jersey really can't be worn untucked. And it has absolutely zero wind-blocking ability. If there's a chill in the air or even a cool breeze, you might as well be wearing a cheesecloth shroud.

Also, the CoolBase is totally unforgiving of printed graphics on the shirt you wear under it. Don't get a CoolBase jersey expecting to throw it over your "Colbert/Putin 2008" t-shirt on the way to the ballgame. Whatever's on your shirt under the jersey will show through, and you'll look like a dweeb. Think white blouse, black bra, on a man.

What it would boil down to for me, after two years of wearing a CoolBase jersey in the DC heat, is utility. If you find that you don't wear an authentic jersey because of the heat, then a CoolBase jersey is probably the way to go. If you find that you want a jersey to fit you more like a regular shirt, then a CoolBase jersey is a solid option. If neither of those two conditions apply to you, then I would expect you'd be happier with a standard jersey.

I have to go to a conference in D.C. in August. I hope they make CoolBase business attire by then!

Then again, if you're wearing a jersey and it's not because you're heading to a ballgame (live or watching it at a party or a sports bar), you're going to look like a dweeb. My wife reminds me that every time we see the neighbor doing yard work in either a Cowboys or Yankees jersey.

Hey, up until then, the full-length mirror told me my wife was wrong ;)

ok thanks bouj, i will be ordering from baseball savings then, since they have what i am looking for.

oakland ehs- i am not big by any stretch of the imagination(5'11", 160 lbs). i just wear t-shirt size XL because i like my shirts longer. larges fit width-wise (hell, a medium would), but the arms and bottom are too short for my liking. this will probably cause some problems when buying a jersey, but you are right, i'll just go try some on. since the cool base game jerseys come in S-M-L-XL-XXL i'm guessing i will end up with a large. enough about my body type and shirt size prefrences, back to the thread.

I have to go to a conference in D.C. in August. I hope they make CoolBase business attire by then!

Then again, if you're wearing a jersey and it's not because you're heading to a ballgame (live or watching it at a party or a sports bar), you're going to look like a dweeb. My wife reminds me that every time we see the neighbor doing yard work in either a Cowboys or Yankees jersey.

Hey, up until then, the full-length mirror told me my wife was wrong ;)

I dont care if I look like a dweeb sometimes.

Hell I may be getting a phillies bp jersey (Blue road) so I can have a lighter jersey to wear when its hot, oh and cause I think it looks cool, itw ill be my third phillies jersey that I own.

I've bought 3 of the BP COOLBASE jerseys and one of the button-up COOLBASE jerseys from them and have had them made into custom jerseys. I am getting a couple of them done right now, but when I get them back next week, I'll post a pic or two. My only beef with the button-up is that it is slightly shorter than a regular Majestic jersey. I'm tall (6'3"), so it's kind of a pain to wear tucked in (I only wear the jersey tucked into baseball pants when I play, never in shorts or jeans). And listen to what oakland ehs says about sizes for Majestics too.

Really? Because I have a red Braves CoolBase that is about a half inch longer than my Majestic Braves home jersey. The Majestic jerseys are about two inches longer than the old Russell authentics.

I love my red Braves CoolBase. I probably wouldn't buy a white or gray one instead of a regular home or away, but the colored ones are cool.

Really? Because I have a red Braves CoolBase that is about a half inch longer than my Majestic Braves home jersey. The Majestic jerseys are about two inches longer than the old Russell authentics.

I love my red Braves CoolBase. I probably wouldn't buy a white or gray one instead of a regular home or away, but the colored ones are cool.

It was the case with the blank button-up COOLBASE. Maybe it was an anomaly. The blank BP's are exactly the same as the MLB BP's (I have the Astros and Padres to compare them to). The guy who is numbering a couple of jerseys for me right now has an A's Black COOLBASE jersey that he is working on for someone in CA. If he still has it by the end of this week, I'll compare it to a regular Majestic MLB jersey.

And I completely concur about the Majestic vs. Russell sizing. I only have a couple of Russells to compare, but hat is the case with them vs. the Majestics.

RyanB06: Right. That's true. Like I said, I don't know why MLB is insisting on using the gussets when Majestic makes the COOLBASE without the gussets. All it does is create that uneven look.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Except the underarm gusset material they use doesn't come that way, leading to a situation like this (see the zoomed-in portion):

pMLB2-2764981dt.jpg

I think this is what was being referred to.

Yep, that's exactly what I was referring to. Thanks for the assist, Ryan.

Archived