NBA All-Star Arizona 2009

Shroinke

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
g_richmond_g.jpg

:shocked:

I can't believe those things were ever considered decent to someone's eyes. It's funny what 12 years can do to you.

I know, really? Vin Baker an All Star!?!

this is madness!

He showed up for the Slammed Drunk Contest. To no one's surprise, he won.

g_richmond_g.jpg

:shocked:

I can't believe those things were ever considered decent to someone's eyes. It's funny what 12 years can do to you.

I know, really? Vin Baker an All Star!?!

this is madness!

He showed up for the Slammed Drunk Contest. To no one's surprise, he won.

That kind of comment is really not necessary. The guy's got a problem.

g_richmond_g.jpg

And strangely enough, the key was unpainted. So not everything's changed. Maybe they were ahead of the trend there.

TOP NBA CITIES

1.Boston, TD Banknorth Garden (Since 1964)

2.Memphis, FedExForum (Never)

3.Toronto, Air Canada Centre (Never)

4.Miami, American Airlines Arena (Since 1990)

5.Chicago, United Center (Since 1988)

There you go...my inspiration while sitting on the john.

Why is Miami (1990) as high as it is? There are others that haven't had it for longer (Milwaukee) and somehow you also have it higher than Chicago (1988). Somebody else mentioned the newer arena in Miami. Newer arenas do not necessitate another All-Star Game. Chicago had the Game in 1988 and a new arena in 1994, and they haven't had another one (but still shouldn't be below Miami, although I wouldn't have them on the top 5 at all). And why is Las Vegas still on top of the list of non-NBA cities (hasn't had it since... 2006). How did you figure these?

I also stand by saying that no non-NBA city should ever host the All-Star Game within 10 years of the latest. There are 29 unique NBA arenas that would love to get a little economic boost from the All-Star Game, and they'd bend over backwards to accomodate Stern and his staunch suits, and yet he looks down on them like "They're not Los Angeles or New York. Why should I care?"

The Godfather (David Stern) said that you will not get an All Star game without an arena, and the Godfather will deliver on that threat.

Sucks, but them's the facts. At least your prisons will not be full.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

^ Yes, someone mentioned that, and then I decided to hate Stern in that very instant. It's not just Milwaukee, though. Logically, if Miami last had it in 1990, then there should be at least (30-(2009-1990)+1)=10 teams that have not had it since Miami had it last. Consider that Las Vegas threw things off, and that the Suns are on there twice in that span, and we have a few more qualifiers.

This seems like a good time to remember the only ASG unis more ghastly than 1995.

9596ASGameDunk.jpg

If image gets turned off, it's here or here towards the bottom.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

This seems like a good time to remember the only ASG unis more ghastly than 1995.

9596ASGameDunk.jpg

If image gets turned off, it's here or here towards the bottom.

:therock: Don't see anything???

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived