Mock Draft

tj4eck

Here is my mock draft:

I rated the teams from 1-32 by myself with my wierd rankings and stuff.... so if you dont like it too bad

1. MIA - Jake Long - OT - Michigan

2. STL - Glenn Dorsey - DT - LSU

3. NYJ - Calais Campbell - DE - Miami (FL)

4. ATL - Brian Brohm - QB - Louisville

5. NE (from SF) - James Laurinitis - ILB - Ohio St.

6. CIN - Dan Conner - OLB - Penn St.

7. OAK - Sam Baker - OT - USC

8. CHI - Matt Ryan - QB - Boston College

9. ARZ - Kenny Phillips - FS - Miami (FL)

10. DEN - Jonathan Stewart - RB - Oregon

11. MIN - Andre Woodson - QB - Kentucky

12. PHI - Rey Maualuga - ILB - USC

13. BUF - Antoine Cason - CB - Arizona

14. NO - Reggie Smith - DB - Oklahoma

15. HOU - DeSean Jackson - WR - California

16. KC - Ryan Clady - OT - Boise St.

17. CAR - Dennis Dixon - QB - Oregon

18. SEA - Fred Davis - TE - USC

19. BAL - Derrick Harvey - DE - Florida

20. SD - Frank Okam - DT - Texas

21. DAL (from CLE) - Malcolm Jenkins - CB - Ohio St.

22. JAX - Quentin Groves - DE - Auburn

23. WAS - Chris Long - DE - Virginia

24. TB - Justin King - CB - Penn St.

25. DET - Darren McFadden - RB - Arkansas

26. TEN - Limas Sweed - WR - Texas

27. NYG - Malcolm Kelly - WR - Oklahoma

28. PIT - Gosder Cherilus - OT - Boston College

29. GB - Mike Hart - RB - Michigan

30. SF (from IND) - Lawrence Jackson - DE - USC

31. DAL - Early Doucet - WR - LSU

32. NE - Forfeited pick

questions.......comments

i'll describe my picks but not right now im off to bed

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

1. I'd be very surprised if McFadden fell that far.

2. If the Patriots get Laurinaitis, I will write him a letter every day until he signs encouraging him to go into wrestling.

3. I'm not convinced Mike Hart will be a great pro back. I'd rather see the Packers take Slaton.

Given that the Patriots don't have that good or deep a running game, don't you think they'd go after McFadden?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Pats NEVER pick linebackers any higher than the fourth round. Look back at their draft history under Belichick. I could see them taking McFadden at 5. Too much talent to pass up. But with Asante Samuel likely on his way out I see them taking Malcom Jenkins. I think it's a real possibility they might be able to move down and add additional picks because of the quarterbacks in this draft and where they might go.

A couple of other observations:

- I could see the Jets taking Brohm or Ryan at 3. I don't think Clemens is the long term solution.

- I think Denver takes Maualuga if he's there at 10.

- I'm surprised you think McFadden drops down that far in the first round. Any reasoning behind it?

Otherwise, I like it a lot.

3. I'm not convinced Mike Hart will be a great pro back. I'd rather see the Packers take Slaton.

i think that mike hart will be a good nfl player and the packers don't have a running game at all

plus hart knows how to play in the cold and snow....which the packers do often

i think slaton will drop a couple spots at the RB position because he can't hold on to the ball

mike hart never fumbles

Given that the Patriots don't have that good or deep a running game, don't you think they'd go after McFadden?

i thought about it .... but their LB's are getting old

they have enough offensive fire power (i think maroney will return strong next year)

they could use some help on defense

I think there's a better chance the Vikings get a veteran(McNabb) than drafting a QB in the first round. They might get another "qb of the future" in a later round, but I can't see them using their first pick on a QB.

i think the vikes will go after a QB in the off-season (either in draft or FA)

they made a mistake thinking tavaris jackson was the answer

since this isn't the 2008 Mock Free Agency i had the Vikes take a QB in the draft

The Pats NEVER pick linebackers any higher than the fourth round. Look back at their draft history under Belichick. I could see them taking McFadden at 5. Too much talent to pass up. But with Asante Samuel likely on his way out I see them taking Malcom Jenkins. I think it's a real possibility they might be able to move down and add additional picks because of the quarterbacks in this draft and where they might go.

A couple of other observations:

- I could see the Jets taking Brohm or Ryan at 3. I don't think Clemens is the long term solution.

- I think Denver takes Maualuga if he's there at 10.

- I'm surprised you think McFadden drops down that far in the first round. Any reasoning behind it?

Otherwise, I like it a lot.

1. I think that clemens is the long term answer ... i think the jets could use some offensive players around him

2. The Broncs need a RB for the Shanahan offense they don't have one! I see them taking a LB in the second round.

3. McFadden dropped that far just based on team needs and where he ranks at his position

i think the pats will choose a LB early despit the history of Belichick and address the CB position later

I still think somebody will pick McFadden before 25. He's just too talented a back to let pass, and there aren't that many good running backs in the NFL (besides, they have astronomical burn rates at that position, and most GMs know it).

And he's better than Oregon's back-teams pretty much key on McFadden on defense, while Oregon has enough weapons to let their running back free. (I'm not sure he'd fit in Denver's system though, so you might be right there).

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I still think somebody will pick McFadden before 25. He's just too talented a back to let pass, and there aren't that many good running backs in the NFL (besides, they have astronomical burn rates at that position, and most GMs know it).

And he's better than Oregon's back-teams pretty much key on McFadden on defense, while Oregon has enough weapons to let their running back free. (I'm not sure he'd fit in Denver's system though, so you might be right there).

i think is a great running back i just think he fits there....at least for now

Teams will not let a back of his caliber fall that far.

Today, we are all otaku.

when i update the draft i'll be sure to raise him up .... im still not sure though

when i update the draft i'll be sure to raise him up .... im still not sure though

I was thinking Philly would pick him if you are so convinced the Patriots will be willing to burn a 1st rounder on a linebacker.

Today, we are all otaku.

I'm not a draft guru by any means, but there's no way in hell the Dolphins take an offensive lineman with the overall #1 pick. They have a lot of needs to address. After passing up on Brady Quinn last season, there would be outrage in Miami if they didn't draft a QB in the first round.

I'm not a draft guru by any means, but there's no way in hell the Dolphins take an offensive lineman with the overall #1 pick. They have a lot of needs to address. After passing up on Brady Quinn last season, there would be outrage in Miami if they didn't draft a QB in the first round.

I'll disagree with you slightly....if there was a Orlando Pace-like prospect in the draft, I think they might go O-Line.

However there isn't, so you're right, they're picking a QB.

Today, we are all otaku.

I think with what happened with Adrian Peterson this year, slipping to #7, if the Jets are at #3, they would take McFadden.

I think that the big difference is that Peterson had injury concerns and that's why he fell. If he was healthy his last year of college he probably would have went #1 and been more hyped than Reggie Bush. After that injury his stock really fell. But your right I really can't see McFadden falling past the Jets.

Archived