Stephon Marbury gets benched and all hell breaks loose.

TFoA

Link.

So yeah, for those who are lazy, Stephon Marbury was benched for the game against Phoenix last night. Starbury didn't take kindly to the news, and apparently a fistfight between him and the HC/President, Isiah Thomas, occurred on the plane to Phoenix. Marbury then threatened to dish all the [stuff] he had on Isiah (probably pertaining to the case he caught during the offseason.), and then disappeared from the Knicks for a day. But, as usual, Isiah claims that everything's all good, and Starbury's in LA and will play if he's compliant.

The Knicks are in disarray.

The Knicks should dump both Marbury and Isiah but they won't. Marbury because of his huge contract and Thomas due to some sick sense of loyalty the Dolan's feel for him. Both are cancers that need to be rid of.

I think Simmons was a little quick to take a more positive stance on his full NBA "preview"

(Actually...even though it is the regular season, since I think everyone treats the games before New Year's as exhibition that counts, it still can be a preview.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As much as I hate Stephon at this point, Stephen A. made an good point on his radio show yesterday. After all the criticism on the subject, he said, and I (along with others) agree that Marbury is out of position. The criticism on Marb's playing is not his talent, rather, it's his ability to lead an offense as the point guard that is his biggest problem. So, if you're looking for a pass-first, defensive point that you feel comfortable with running the offense and buying into the "feed the post first" game plan, start Mardy Collins at the point and start Marbury at the 2-guard. He'll still get around 20 shots per game, he's still going to be matched up against the shooting guard on defense (as he normally is with him and Crawford in the backcourt) but this time Collins is running the show and you've still got Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford to come off the bench for instant energy and a scoring ability. If that fails, you bench Marbury, buy him out, move him, do whatever you want, and you can still fill the void back with Crawford.

But of course, that's only if you're committed to keeping the diva around. If not, whatever, dump the man, bench him, keep him home like they did with Penny Hardaway.

I just really wish this nightmare would be over. In only 7 years this organization has gone from one of the shining lights of the NBA, one of the most intimidating, physical, heart-filled teams in the league to easily the most :censored:ed up franchise in all of sports from top to bottom. Some young, progressive billionaire needs to come in, make Dolan and offer he can't refuse, buy the team and build them back to at least the perennial playoff team they were in the 90s under Checketts and Grunfeld. Think Mark Cuban would ditch Dallas for NY? :(

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

In other news, I'm hearing some crazy rumors floating around about the Rams possibly moving from L.A. to St. Louis.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I just really wish this nightmare would be over. In only 7 years this organization has gone from one of the shining lights of the NBA, one of the most intimidating, physical, heart-filled teams in the league to easily the most :censored:ed up franchise in all of sports from top to bottom. Some young, progressive billionaire needs to come in, make Dolan and offer he can't refuse, buy the team and build them back to at least the perennial playoff team they were in the 90s under Checketts and Grunfeld. Think Mark Cuban would ditch Dallas for NY? :(

And before those few good years in the early to mid 90's they were just as bad (if not worse) then they are now. Remember when Hubie Brown coached and Bernard King was there? They were just plain awful.

And before those few good years in the early to mid 90's they were just as bad (if not worse) then they are now. Remember when Hubie Brown coached and Bernard King was there? They were just plain awful.

Just being a bad basketball team would be an UPGRADE at this point. At least in the 80s they had a real coach, some real talent like Bernard King and Michael Ray Richardson (not to mention the drafting of Patrick Ewing) and the only controversy they had was Michael Ray's drug problems... which was basically shared by everyone else in the United States. Besides, that's just one player, not the organization. The 80s would've been a lot better for the Knicks had Bernard King remained healthy enough to actually play with Ewing and if the Ewing-Cartwright experiment would've worked.

To say the Knicks were just as bad, if not worse, is just absolutely ridiculous. There was at least hope on the horizon, which is more you can say for the club at this point.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

You know how whenever there is an underperforming school district, the state always threatens to come in and take over? It may be time for the NBA to step in and take control of the Knicks.

^_^

Or Puffy...

...Think he'd be interested in owning the Knickerbockers???

(I only say Puff Daddy/P. Diddy/whatever-he-decides-his-alias-will-be-tomorrow, since Jiggaman already done staked an interest in the Nets...and speaking of which, does the possibility of the Nets relocating to BK still exist???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

...and speaking of which, does the possibility of the Nets relocating to BK still exist???)

They've got a few more lawsuits they are expected to win ahead of them, but it seems as if the team is still on track to be in Brooklyn for the '09-'10 season.

It's going to be a rude awakening for the Knicks if they are still this horrible in 2009 and the Nets drop down in the city's most populous borough with a nicer arena and better, less incompetent team. The timing couldn't be worse for the Knicks. :D

In other news, I'm hearing some crazy rumors floating around about the Rams possibly moving from L.A. to St. Louis.

O RLY? I thought the Rams were still in Cleveland. Imagine that. :blink:

So, Stephon played last night, after reciving a fine of $195,000 (which he is disputing because he claims that he got sent home, instead of just leaving.). The Knicks also lost to the Clippers, 84-81. Ouch.

Archived