First Concept Post! Seattle Mariners!

fishheatcats

Ok I've seen some really good stuff on here since I've been checking out the boards and here goes my first concept. First I came up with a logo for a basketball team to replace the Sonics when they move to OKC, this one:

navigators.gif

...but then I realized I must have been subconsciously thinking of the Mariners because of the name I came up with and the compass, so then I went ahead a did a full M's concept!

mariners_concept.gif

I've always loved the old trident logo they had, but was never too crazy about the colors, so I mixed old and new with this one. C & C please!

The hat that you have with the home jerseys doesn't really match. The home and alternate socks look like NFL socks. No MLB team wears socks that look like that, and I don't think any ever has. There have been teams that have worn similar socks, but with stripes. However, I think that would be too retro-looking for this design. I can't think of how the gradient M logo could possibly be stitched on a hat. The socks with the alternates just don't work. Never will you see white socks with white pants in baseball. On the alternate jersey I would just go with the M and not the rest of the logo. It is better suited as a sleeve patch than a chest logo. One last thing, I would go with teal instead of black numbers on the alternate jersey. It would be too hard to read from the stands or TV.

Hey, I'm not a fan of the logo, but i love the mariner jerseys. Especially the away jerseys.

This is just a quick question for anybody who can answer.

How come I am not allowed make a new topic on the forum, is it because i am a noob or what??

1412.gifseattle.gifcanucks.gifboston.gifbc.gif

Hey, I'm not a fan of the logo, but i love the mariner jerseys. Especially the away jerseys.

How come I am not allowed make a new topic on the forum, is it because i am a noob or what??

I think you just have to wait few days... I couldn't post last week but obviously now I can! Also, the aways are my personal favorite too.

I think you just have to wait few days... I couldn't post last week but obviously now I can! Also, the aways are my personal favorite too.

Thank you very much

1412.gifseattle.gifcanucks.gifboston.gifbc.gif

Thank you very much

You have to make a post before you can start topics.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

That is great for a first concept, but there are a few things that could be changed. There isn't a lot of black in the logo, yet it is a main color in the uniforms. I think it would look better with more teal and yellow on the hat and jerseys. Also, get rid of the gradient logo and keep the socks one color. Great start, I'd like to see more of your work.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I would get rid of the gradients and use the colors they have now. Also make black less prominent in the uniforms since it's not prominent in the logo. Not a big fan of the font either.

This is a very good job for your first post, and if you make these changes it will be even better.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived