May I have your Attention Please?

Fred T. Jane

If you're in the Deep South, specifically in an area where there's an Academy Sports+Outdoors, and you have a hankering for soccer jerseys, then I would highly suggest you visit your local Academy. Why you ask? Well, Academy currently has their entire stock of Team Mexico-themed Adidas merchandise for $4.88. That's right. Everything. T-shirts, shorts, warm-ups, and incredibly, both the home and away jerseys, which as we all know have an MSRP of around $60. I picked up a home jersey yesterday and giggled all the way out of the store, wondering if someone was going to arrest me for this steal of a deal. The jerseys in question you ask?

MexicoHSS0708.jpgMexicoASS0708.jpg

Home and Away.

You will now rejoin the regularly scheduled nit-picking already in progress.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

If you have an Adidas outlet near you I have spied quite a few soccer jerseys there. Not much of a soccer fan but I know the ones I have been in the last few weeks have had Mexico, Spain, Argentina and a few others. Less than $10, also you can find some great cool unique stuff in the "Sample" box. But unless you are a medium most won't fit. It really depends on your location though.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Without trying to start something let me just say that the feeling is not reciprocal, we dont consider the u.s our biggest rival.

Granted for the past decade the whole thing has been one sided but we still like to believe we're the #3 team in America and if you really want to rile up a Mexican give him a match against Argentina or Brazil.

Hell I'm wearing a Team U.S track jacket right now simply because its stylish.

Great find by the way, though I wouldnt go near the Adidas stuff. I dont like either Nike or Adidas but at least for '06 Nike tried to provide unique fashions for each of their teams, the Mexico top with the white stripe on the chest remains my favourite. Then came Adidas and its welcome to template-ville

edit: I guess it can more accurately be called a chevron than a stripe

14ilxq9.png

Went today to our local Academy, and it was cleaned out. Only thing left is another green jersey, my size of course. I *should* have bought that away jersey whilst I have a chance. Ah well, I'll wait 2 years for their new shipment of Mexico gear to get sold for $5 again. :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm sorry, but I will get on Mexico's men's soccer team any chance I get. That's one of 2 countries for whom I have NO love for in international soccer.

Amen, brother! Here's a classic pic.

onyewu_borgetti.jpg

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

Archived