Never Used Cleveland Barons Jersey

pjinners

I was poking around for a picture to post on another topic and stumbled upon this.

baronsjersey0002_op_800x600.jpg

The website operator said it was supposed to be the jersey the Barons would have worn in 1978-79 if the franchise hadn't been merged with the North Stars. He said it's stored at the Hall of Fame.

I've seen a few never-made-it shirts before, like the Nordiques wolf jersey, but I'd never even heard of this one.

Yeah, that one's folded up in a case at the HHOF. Seeing the entire thing, I'm glad it never came to pass. The entire jersey is far too plain, and the sleeves are virtually empty with the numbers crammed up on the shoulders. It all looks very rec-league. Of course, the Barons could never top their first-year sleeve numbers inside outlines of the state of Ohio.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Granted, it's boring as hell, but I sure would take it over most of the crap they came out with this year.

I love the facial expression of the guy in the pic.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

The significance of this jersey is that it was designed by then GM Harry Howell.

How do I know this? Well, I just happen to know a lot. Muahaha.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived