Fred Taylor

rebelx

Well, folks, it does suck majorly for both Willie Parker and the Steelers that he broke his leg in yesterday's game against the Rams. Their playoff hopes are all but shot to smithereens now.

However, this now means Parker won't be able to play in the Pro Bowl. Fred Taylor, who really has had one hell of a season, was, admittedly, a snub for the game. Now, he may just be able to play in Parker's stead. Anyone know if Taylor got fourth most votes among AFC running backs? If he did, that would be awesome.

Well, folks, it does suck majorly for both Willie Parker and the Steelers that he broke his leg in yesterday's game against the Rams. Their playoff hopes are all but shot to smithereens now.

Not that I'm a Steelers fan, but NEVER say never.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

However, this now means Parker won't be able to play in the Pro Bowl. Fred Taylor, who really has had one hell of a season, was, admittedly, a snub for the game. Now, he may just be able to play in Parker's stead. Anyone know if Taylor got fourth most votes among AFC running backs? If he did, that would be awesome.

WTF are you talking about? The Steeler are actually better off without Parker. IMO, Davenport is better.

Yeah, running for 100+ yards against the Rams is a real achievement. If he can do that against the Jags, Colts, or Pats, then I'll be impressed.

That being said, if I was Fred Taylor, it'd be a shame that this would have to be the way I got into the Pro Bowl...but nonetheless, I'm finally there.

Yeah, running for 100+ yards against the Rams is a real achievement. If he can do that against the Jags, Colts, or Pats, then I'll be impressed.

How 'bout we see if Mr. Davenport can do it next week...against the Baltimore Ravens. In Baltimore. Knowing the Blackbirds a/ are still steaming at having given the only winless team in the NFL their first win--and make no mistake, the Ravens DID GIVE that game away; b/ might still be carrying emotional trauma with them over the way they let a near-upset of the mighty Patriots get away from them--and bear in mind they damn near won that game on emotion alone; and c/ still have revenge on their minds for having been run over, run down, knocked down, and flatlined in the MNF throwback night game earlier in the year.

That said...Fred REALLY deserves to be voted in. Even if it's as an injury substitute. BUT...even though the greater fan populus may not know Taylor from Joe Blow down back off in the alleyway somewhere, I guarantee you people in Jacksonville--and ON Jacksonville--know just how valuable FT28 is to the team. Direct from MJD32: "Fred Taylor IS the Jaguars."

Few truer words have ever been spoken.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Taylor deserves to get in, there's no way around it. And currently, I see no other running backs as a possible choice for the AFC spot, so I bet he gets in.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

• 2 weeks later...

That being said, if I was Fred Taylor, it'd be a shame that this would have to be the way I got into the Pro Bowl...but nonetheless, I'm finally there.

For the record....I believe that was the first time that happened this season.

Just sayin'

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived