Detroit lions proposed logo

CDunn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's where you're wrong, my friend. not everyone needs a new identity.....tell yankees fans that the interlocking NY has to go....tell tigers fans that the olde english D has to be changed....tell packers fans to lose the G on their helmet.....tell bears fans to lose the C on theirs.....tell the cardinals that that bird on the bat looks stupid and they've had it long enough, so now it's time to change.

I think you misunderstood me.  All of those teams you mention has made some changes throughout their lifetime whether it was to their uniforms or anything.  I don't recall the Lions really making any significant changes to their uniforms or logo.  All I'm saying is that yes, everybody knows who the Lions are but they're nowhere near the status of the Yankees, Celtics, Packers, or Bears for that matter.  People around the country don't really rely on the Lions to keep that same hideous logo year after year.  Let's get straight to the point, the Lions need a new logo, a new overall, etc.  I know, mostly everybody else here knows it, and deep down inside you know.  You may not like it but you know it.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I don't understand why they didn't go with a navy blue

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

God No.

They should have the helmet they had before the black, minus the white center helmet stripe.

Take all the stripes off the jersey, get silver numbers on those Blue uni's.

Silver pants, and have a blue-silver-blue pants stripe

Then, my friends, you have the perfect Lions uniform.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Let's get straight to the point, the Lions need a new logo, a new overall, etc. I know, mostly everybody else here knows it, and deep down inside you know. You may not like it but you know it.

so now you're thinking my thoughts for me....wow, i really appreciate it.....maybe you can do my job for me, feed my kids for me, keep my wife happy for me, and do everything else i do for me.

contrary to your own belief, the lions and their legions of fans (they may suck, but they do have perhaps one of the most dedicated fan bases around, you can't be that bad and still sell out most of your games and not have dedicated fans) love the lions' look and would be aghast at any attempt at a major logo overhaul for this team.

I don't understand why they didn't go with a navy blue

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

God No.

They should have the helmet they had before the black, minus the white center helmet stripe.

Take all the stripes off the jersey, get silver numbers on those Blue uni's.

Silver pants, and have a blue-silver-blue pants stripe

Then, my friends, you have the perfect Lions uniform.

thank you, john!

so now you're thinking my thoughts for me

Once again, you're not understanding me.  No, I'm not thinking your thoughts for you but you almost have to be stupid to think that the Lions current logo is attractive.  It's old, boring, and compared to everything else in the NFL, it's one of the worst.

Maybe you're right.  I just don't see the significance in having the Lions keep their current logo.  It maybe a tradition in your own world but I can only see how much more the Lions would benefit from a new logo change then what they would lose.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

oh, but i am understanding you...i just don't understand how a guy with that hideous 4th grade sketch of a denver nuggets logo in his sig, telling me that "you almost have to be stupid to think that the Lions current logo is attractive" can be taken seriously.

I just don't see the significance in having the Lions keep their current logo.  It maybe a tradition in your own world

not only my world....but the entire city and metropolitan area of detroit....and the legions of fans who would rather not see another cartoon character put on a helmet for the sake of change.

so now you're thinking my thoughts for me

No, I'm not thinking your thoughts for you but you almost have to be stupid to think that the Lions current logo is attractive. It's old, boring, and compared to everything else in the NFL, it's one of the worst.

So now i'm stupid?

The lions logo is one of the best in the NFL. Not only does it carry tradition, but it looks good, and had withstood the test of time. What the adding of the black last year showed us is that trying to make a classic logo more "cutting edge" makes it look awful, and shouldn't be done unles it is done right and with care (Dolphins in Miami being a perfect example of updating with class)

The Lions should still be wearing the uniforms they had two years ago.

sB9ijEj.png

Yeah teh Lions need to go back to their look of 2002 the black does not work well, an dtheir logo is perfect, and their honolulu blue and silver was a good combo by itself.

You know some logo are timeless and the Lions fit that bill it worked well in the 60s it works well today.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Lions should still be wearing the uniforms they had two years ago.

. . . or even better, forty-two years ago. Find a video store that carries the movie Paper Lion, rent it and tell me that the Lions uniforms of the 50's and 60's couldn't go toe to toe with any NFL uniform set on the field in 2004.

And as for the proposed and ultimately rejected helmet decal, my guess is that Disney would have seen to it that it had a short life.  That thing screams "Mufasaa."

Love the Peugeot, mildly dislike the black, really hate that proposed Lion. It screams out two three-letter acronyms: "MGM" and "CFL."

Lion's unis/logo are tough like classic football. Yeah, the team has traditionally stunk, but you'll have to explain to me why adopting a plopty logo is supposed to help a bad team get better. Get a real owner, a real GM and a real defense again (Mariucci was a good start though), and change the uniform only if *that* doesn't work.

FYI, my only problem with the black is it doesn't make them look any tougher, but it does make them look more like the Panthers.

Opps

Retired Number's To Come

oh, but i am understanding you...i just don't understand how a guy with that hideous 4th grade sketch of a denver nuggets logo in his sig, telling me that "you almost have to be stupid to think that the Lions current logo is attractive" can be taken seriously.

I never said that Denver Nuggets logo was attractive.  That's a totally different subject so don't try to turn that on me.  Plus it's a retro logo and retro is on the in right now.  All I was saying is that compared to all the other NFL logos I think the majority of the population would say the Lions logo isn't that great.  It's no reason to get your panties in a wad.  Anyways, I'm not going to argue with you anymore because it's obvious that we're on separate pages.  I respect your opinion and I've offered mine so let's end this little cat fight.

Retired Number's To Come

The lions logo is one of the best in the NFL. Not only does it carry tradition, but it looks good, and had withstood the test of time. What the adding of the black last year showed us is that trying to make a classic logo more "cutting edge" makes it look awful, and shouldn't be done unles it is done right and with care (Dolphins in Miami being a perfect example of updating with class)

Thanks for offering your opinion on the matter but I think the Dolphins current look looks great.

Retired Number's To Come

All I was saying is that compared to all the other NFL logos I think the majority of the population would say the Lions logo isn't that great.

What information do you have to back up your claims?

sB9ijEj.png

Well we could take a little poll on this board.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived