RIP Johnny Podres

NJTank

The man played a huge role on the 1993 Phillies, working with Schilling, Danny Jackson, Mulholland, Tommy Greene, David West, and even Ben Rivera.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The man played a huge role on the 1993 Phillies, working with Schilling, Danny Jackson, Mulholland, Tommy Greene, David West, and even Ben Rivera.

He was also pitching coach for the Twins, teaching Frank Viola the "circle change", which helped him win a Cy Young and the 1987 World Series MVP.

We loved "the Pod" here and our local sports columnist has lots of funny, old days stories about Podres.

Brooklyn_Dodgers_Johnny_Podres_ny140_small.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Man, that's too bad. He was a great guy. And a great Dodger. He'll always be one of the greatest Dodgers to pitch for the team. It's sad to see the Boys of Summer go like this. HOFer Duke Snider is just about the only Dodger star still alive from that era. That's too bad.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Archived