Flying Elvis Taken a Step Too Far

Mac the Knife

Just curious - are there any legal issues with a tatoo artist reproducing a sports team logo without permission?

Well, sure, technically, the owners of the logo could sue the tattoo artist and even the guy who got the tattoo - but why in the world would they want to? All it would accomplish would be to generate a ton of negative press and alienate their crazier, tattooed fans.

OK PatsFan, looking at your sig made me wonder whether he's going to get the bumper done at the base of his neck. Good grief.

All this reminds me of a clip from an old NFL Films piece. There's a guy with his head painted like a Bills helmet and the guy next to him is staring at it and finally says, "Nice head!"

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

On the subject of tattoos, you know what the worst tattoo I ever saw was? Some guy at the gym had a Nike logo tattooed just above his ankle. I can't think of a better birth control method (excepting the helmet tattoo, of course) than a sports logo tattoo on your body -- especially when you're fat (as this guy was).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

At least this guy isn't a Bengals fan.

Added: Or a Chargers fan for that matter. A curved lightning bolt on the side of a helmet looks kinda cool. The same curved lightning bolt etched onto the side of your head... not so much.

CCSLC signature.png

What? No post from Tank about how tattoos are the work of the devil? Or have been hijacked as a liberal conspiracy of some sort?

Seriously, I have no tatt's, nor understand those who want to have 15 of them, or who want them on their foreheads, backs of their hands, etc. Being married and approaching 40 this hardly matters, but I honestly find a person less attractive if they have one.

It's not that I oppose them though, simply that (i) there's never been a design I've liked so much that I want to use my body to memorialize it, and (ii) like so many I wonder if down the road I wouldn't regret the hell out of getting it.

I wonder if others who have gotten them will experience regret down the road.

nav-logo.png

What? No post from Tank about how tattoos are the work of the devil? Or have been hijacked as a liberal conspiracy of some sort?

Is there really any need for that? He's doing better. Leave him be.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Is there really any need for that? He's doing better. Leave him be.

True. I've had a mean streak go through me the past 24-48 hours for some reason. Even though it was obvious (or should be) that I was joking, I offer my apologies, Tanker.

nav-logo.png

because the tatoos are the work of God and has been hijacked as a conservative conspiracy.

just sayin. :P

I thought it was the birthmark that was the work of God.

I saw, I came, I left.

because the tatoos are the work of God and has been hijacked as a conservative conspiracy.

someone once mooned me and on this person's ass i swear had to be a birth mark that looked like the face of jesus. come to think about it, i think it resembled Ryan Seaweed doing the macarana.icon5.gif

I can't confirm or deny that there weren't some herbal essence involved during said event.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Only in Gorbachev's case, as a statement of irony.

nav-logo.png

Archived