JD's Super Bowl trivia Round III

NoHoJoe

I. Other than teams not appearing, Name three non-occurances that have yet to take place in a Super Bowl.

II. What Famous Ad campaign started at the end of SB XXI?

III. Which Super Bowl took place the same day of a Presidential Inauguration?

IV What was "70 Chip?"

V What was the closest A SB game would get to OVertime?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

I. Other than teams not appearing, Name three non-occurances that have yet to take place in a Super Bowl.

IV What was "70 Chip?"

II. Im going to Disney World

III. Super Bowl XIX

V. Super Bowl XXXVI

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I. 400 yard passing game, player with 2 or more sacks in a game, player with 2 or more ints in a game

II. I'm going to Disney World

III. XIX

IV. John Riggins run in SB XVII

V. Either XXXVI or if you want length wise (poor Kevin Dyson) XXXIV

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

I. No shutout, no overtime, and no exposure of Paul McCartney's nipple during a halftime show.

II. It was either Bud Bowl, or the one with the guy who did the thing. Y'know, that... thing.

III. XIX. Reagan got sworn in for a second term and the whole country went, "Oh, yeah, whatever."

IV. Either the play that resulted in John Riggins TD in SB XVII, or something given to alcoholics after 2 1/2 months sobriety.

V. Every one since the mid-80's has gone into overtime. Christ, a football game's only supposed to take 3 hours to play. Why the networks drag it out into a 4 1/2 hour spectacle is beyond me.

nav-logo.png

I. Me attending a game, the losing team committing mass seppuku, and Barry Sanders playing in one.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I. Me attending a game, the losing team committing mass seppuku, and Barry Sanders playing in one.

First, attending a Super Bowl isn't all it's cracked up to be. From XIII to XXXII, I was able to go every year thanks to some family connections. I haven't gone since, simply because it isn't worth the aggravation anymore to attend a football game which I can see better on television.

Second, c'mon dude. Sanders played for DETROIT. That should've been enough to convince you he'd never play in one.

nav-logo.png

On one, well yeah...it's too commercial, and yeah, I don't like to deal with large crowds.

That said...it fit the parameters of the question. :P

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I. 400 yard passing game, player with 2 or more sacks in a game, player with 2 or more ints in a game

III. XIX

Pretty sure Kurt Warner threw for over 400, the only QB to do so.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

III. XIX

Pretty sure Kurt Warner threw for over 400, the only QB to do so.

Yup, he cleared 400 in Super Bowl XXXIV.

Today, we are all otaku.

IV What was "70 Chip?"

I. Snowy weather, a Super Bowl with an overtime period, and an all-wild card Super Bowl.

II. Disney's "I'm Going to Disney World/Disneyland!" ad campaign

III. Super Bowl XIX

IV. 70 Chip was a 43-yard TD run play on 4th-and-1 by John Riggins that gave the Washington Redskins a 20-17 lead over the Miami Dolphins with just over 10 minutes left in Super Bowl XVII. The Redskins would eventually win the Super Bowl 27-17, and John Riggins would be named Super Bowl MVP.

V. Super Bowl XXXVIII

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived