UNC Basketball Alternates

JWoods077

So according to football recruits Butch Davis will introduce a navy 3rd jersey for UNC's football team, which made me want to see what the jerseys would look like in alternate colors. Here they are in all of UNC's trademarked pantones and black.

TarHeels2.png

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

I wasn't plannin on lookin for Ja Rule, I'm still trying to make some sense out of today :D

The navy jersey reminds me of a certain institute of higher learning...other than its being in the south, I can't put my finger on who it is. Carolina blue lettering and sides would go a long way towards lessening the resemblance to this other school.

Honestly, the second carolina blue uni seems pointless. It's not different enough from the regular one to warrant its existence IMO. I'd suggest navy sides, an all-argyle (or subtle argyle) jersey, prison stripes as a reference to Rashad McCants, something. And the silver jersey is just too hard to make out the numbers on. Honestly though, all of these can work as far as the design itself goes, depending on what you do with color. Keep trying, it'll come to you.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

So according to football recruits Butch Davis will introduce a navy 3rd jersey for UNC's football team, which made me want to see what the jerseys would look like in alternate colors. Here they are in all of UNC's trademarked pantones and black.

TarHeels2.png

Very nice. Reallly. :D

LEONARD WEIRICH

FAN OF THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS SINCE 2005

LOVE THOSE NATS!!!

The navy alts don't look bad, although they need some more Carolina blue in them. But the gray ones just look like Georgetown, and Nike needs to die a slow and painful death for its continued efforts to force black upon us. And you've continued the recent trend of removing trim from UNC's uniforms that ends up making the beautiful argyle pattern look horribly out of place.

In case I wasn't clear... I think UNC should never wear anything other than white or carolina blue, but if there were to be alternates, these are some possibilities....

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

• 2 weeks later...
The navy alts don't look bad, although they need some more Carolina blue in them. But the gray ones just look like Georgetown, and Nike needs to die a slow and painful death for its continued efforts to force black upon us. And you've continued the recent trend of removing trim from UNC's uniforms that ends up making the beautiful argyle pattern look horribly out of place.

Amen on the Nike comment.

NikeTalk.gif

Archived