We all love the ABA contest

Alphabet Man

Well football season is over, yes ill call it football today, so now the only half interesting sport to follow for a few months is the basketball.

And we all love the ABA, dont we? Yes, yes we do.

I managed to get my hands on the real mission statement of the ABA, interesting parts include "to gain media profile by promoting an entertaining product, beginning with the naming of teams"..... there was other bull :censored: jargon in there too.

Alright, lets get on with this contest. Let's have some fun!

We all Love the ABA Contest

What you have to do: Name a new ABA team, and design a logo for it.

Criteria for the contest:

1- Must use a red, white and blue ball in the logo

2- Must use the letter z atleast twice (or if not, the name must be equally lame)

The logo is all that would be required.

Categories: Instead of the standard first, second, third placings getting awards and voted for, this contest will mix it up. We are gonna have fun.

1- Overall best design

2- Best name

3- Most comedic value

4- Best use of the letter 'Z'

5- Most mind-boggling name

and if i think of anything else, or you guys can suggest other categories too)

An entry for one is an entry for all categories so you'll all be able to win any category.

(Voting will be for best overall, best name, comedy instead of 3,2,1, if that makes sense)

Contest opens: February 4, 2008 (US time, the 5th AUS time)

Contest closes: February 18, 2008 (US time, the 19th AUS time) -- WILL POST A 24HR WARNING TO THE EXACT TIME CONTEST WILL END

Voting will take place for the following five days, so will officially end on the 23rd (US)/ 24th (AUS)

To enter: Design your logo and email it as a jpeg file to wafa.mattmorris1990@gmail.com with the following in the subject line: CCSLC_yourname

Prizes: Winners will get a specially designed signature/banner/thing.

Have some be creative, if you don't think you are good enough, theres enough categories for you to get some votes in.

Enter as many times as you like, SMS costs 55c/min higher from pay phones.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, I like this contest. We haven't had a lot of contests lately, especially Sketch-a-thons or Logolympiads.

Count me in. Is there any limitation on the cities we choose? Also, could it be a state or region name (such as NBA Utah Jazz or Golden State Warriors) rather than a city?

I think I'll jump in the fray on this one. Nothing to kill the sports deadzone like a good contest.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I take it you don't want any posted submissions until you've closed the contest for voting?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I sent you mine earlier, did you receive it all and well?

twitter

Can't draw anything for squat, but here's a name in case someone's not feeling any inspiration in that area:

(Insert city name here) Zebraz.

After seeing concepts on this board, I've concluded that I can no longer draw for squat. But that won't keep me from entering.

Enter as many times as you like, SMS costs 55c/min higher from pay phones.

so can we really enter as many times as we like? i dont know if this is a joke or not, since i don't see how pay phones play into this contest. hope i'm not making myself look dumb.

Archived