We all love the ABA contest

Alphabet Man

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to give this the ol bumparoosky. I'll submit another one here soon.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Here's an entry, just because I had a minute to kill:

akronzipz.png

Introducing your Akron Zipz!

Not really enough stars, don't you think?

That is a fantastic ABA concept.

What I love about it:

- The mis-use of colours. The Navy & Red of the ball doesn't match the Blue or Red of the wordmark.

- The Red and Blue are your MS Paint standard red and Blue, no time wasted with matching Pantone shades with this baby.

- The crown. What does it mean? Why is it there? We don't know, and that's what so great about it.

- The uze of mutiple Z's.

To me, this asks us "What the hell is a Zip?", is it the thing that does up the front of your jeans? Is it a kangaroo, like the university mascot?

If not, then surely this is what it is, a basketball with a crown.

Like all great art, it makes you think, and talk about it. It leaves more questions than it answers.

And I'm sure one of those questions, had this been an official ABA logo, which it could very well have been, would have been "WTF?"

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Mac, I'd like to see all yours so far entered. I'll enter the first one, if you want, I can put this one in too. Just take it off the thread if ya can.

Yeah, sure, g'head... I'm just throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks anyway. Anything I post here, feel free to consider an entry.

This literally took me about a minute to complete. Went into AI, started to pick a particular font but instead accidentally picked a dingbats font. The crown was a "Z," and I liked the ridiculousness of it so I kept it. Pure happenstance that it sits sort-of right on the ball. The color mis-match was also a product of my laziness: I simply slid the RGB scales to 255-0-0 and 0-0-255, respectively. Akron's local university teams are "Zips," and I thought, "Why not rip them off for the name?" The ball? Ripped off of the original ABA's Kentucky Colonels. If this were a real ABA team, the whole package would just scream lawsuit.

Which, of course, fits right in line with the ABA as a whole.

nav-logo.png

Mac, I'd like to see all yours so far entered. I'll enter the first one, if you want, I can put this one in too. Just take it off the thread if ya can.

Yeah, sure, g'head... I'm just throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks anyway. Anything I post here, feel free to consider an entry.

This literally took me about a minute to complete.

Ya spent too much time on it. (ABA protocol is 30secs)

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

This literally took me about a minute to complete. Went into AI, started to pick a particular font but instead accidentally picked a dingbats font. The crown was a "Z," and I liked the ridiculousness of it so I kept it. Pure happenstance that it sits sort-of right on the ball. The color mis-match was also a product of my laziness: I simply slid the RGB scales to 255-0-0 and 0-0-255, respectively. Akron's local university teams are "Zips," and I thought, "Why not rip them off for the name?" The ball? Ripped off of the original ABA's Kentucky Colonels. If this were a real ABA team, the whole package would just scream lawsuit.

Which, of course, fits right in line with the ABA as a whole.

That is the beauty of you Zipz logo.

The Z from dingbats, a ball, probably vectored in Vector Magic, if I'm not mistaken, an MS Paint quality palette for the colours, and a dodgy font which puts stars on a traditional font.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Oooooooh I can't wait for the 18th. Is there any chance that I could replace one of my entries if I come up with another idea? I don't want to post more than 2, seeing as you said a few posts ago that you had about 6 entries total, and then rmered posted another...

I don't need to be an official entry. I just spent far too much time on this (25 minutes, including the paint.net download) and wanted to share:

ozonazzen.png

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't need to be an official entry. I just spent far too much time on this (25 minutes, including the paint.net download) and wanted to share:

ozonazzen.png

I don't know which I like more - the fact that it depicts a woman, that the ball seems to levitate, or that it'd be an absolute bitch to reproduce in any print or embroidery format known to man.

Good show!

nav-logo.png

Archived