Junior de Montreal

DelayedPenalty

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would Maroons have gone over well with the current, rabid French language laws in effect? It's a nice throwback to a time when English was still considered a viable language in the province - I don't think it'd go over so well now.

There is a team in the Quebec Junior AAA League (Tier II) called the Lachine Maroons that use the Montreal Maroons color scheme / logo, etc. so it wasn't possible for them to go with the Maroons name for the Q team. http://www.lhjaaaq.qc.ca/lachine.html

Personally, I love the Phoenix color scheme, My garage league team has the same style jerseys (both the red and the white) and in fact we went with white on red numbers on our white jerseys and they look great. The Red jerseys have white on silver numbering as we didn't have the exact Phoenix red to match the jersey color.

i like it, but it suck to see st. john's without a team for next year

Travel costs to the Rock are insane.

Yes, but the people who didn't show up to games didn't have to travel to the rock. Apparently, they already lived there, and didn't give a rat's ass about junior hockey.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If I do remember, the AHL did leave Saint John after what, the 2002-03 season and the QMJHL came in a couple years later right?? That had to be plenty of time for the fans of Saint John to want hockey back there.. I dont think the same can be said for St. John's as the AHL ST J Maple Leafs left and was filled in fast by the QMJHL ST J Fog Devils... so it had to be something...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Anyone notice that their uniforms are very similar to Guelph's?

I hope they don't play each other in the Memorial Cup any time soon, it will look like an intrasquad game.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw these jerseys.

If I do remember, the AHL did leave Saint John after what, the 2002-03 season and the QMJHL came in a couple years later right?? That had to be plenty of time for the fans of Saint John to want hockey back there.. I dont think the same can be said for St. John's as the AHL ST J Maple Leafs left and was filled in fast by the QMJHL ST J Fog Devils... so it had to be something...

Your right, The AHL packed up to come to Toronto after 2004/05. Then for the 2005/06 season the Fog Devils came around.

There really was no time to miss hockey, just a change of pace.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Uniform and names are sort of bleh. Colour perhaps a Montreal Maroons reference?

mtlmaroons5.png

I hope Montreal makes a go of it. Major Junior ought to work in any Canadian city, and the Giants here in Vancouver are proof that if you do it right, you can be successful on the ice and at the gate in an NHL City in Canada.

with ticket prices as high as 45 dollars i wouldnt count on it lasting too long actually,

Funny enough there was a old team called the Montreal Juniors.... I beleive that team is now the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies...

in a round about way you are correct the junior de montreal played as the bleu-blanc-rouge de montreal in 1972-73, changing to the junior the following year where they stayed until the 82 season when they moved to Verdun as the junior de verdun (where the new team will be playing) they remained the "junior for 2 years changing to canadien junior de verdun until they moved to St. Hyacinthe becoming the Lasers until their move to Rouyn Noranda as the Huskies in 1996.

either way 45 dollars plus parking is too much if you ask me.. I guess i'm lucky here in Gatineau where i can catch a game for 15 bucks and parking is free. for 45 bucks I can get a ticket and 7 beers at the Robert Guertin Centre. :D which I think we can all agree is what hockey is all about..... 15 bucks to watch Claude Giroux..... life is good...

sig.png

Archived