Junior de Montreal

DelayedPenalty

I love Dallas' college style jersey.

I have never heard one person ever say that

Make it 2, then, cause I love it. If I didn't live in Edmonton, I'd buy one. (I already have one stars jersey... you have no idea the hassle you get wearing one in Edmonton)

I love the arched-wordmark-over-number style of jersey ... Dallas' lacks a tiny bit in execution. But I think it's a nice change, especially given some of the stuff we saw in the mid-90s at the advent of the alternate sweater.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny enough there was a old team called the Montreal Juniors.... I beleive that team is now the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Uniform and names are sort of bleh. Colour perhaps a Montreal Maroons reference?

mtlmaroons5.png

I hope Montreal makes a go of it. Major Junior ought to work in any Canadian city, and the Giants here in Vancouver are proof that if you do it right, you can be successful on the ice and at the gate in an NHL City in Canada.

The Giants' success is also greatly aided by the fact that hockey fans can't afford/get tickets to the Canucks.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the hell out of Giants games, but I'd really like to be able to afford/be able to get tickets to a Nucks game.

Just sayin'.

Also, I like the Dallas jerseys, don't mind the Montreal ones, and if anyone really refuses to support a team because they don't like the uniform, well, Project: Runway was on earlier, maybe that's more up your alley, Nancy.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Uniform and names are sort of bleh. Colour perhaps a Montreal Maroons reference?

mtlmaroons5.png

That's a much better sweater.

I love the Junior de Montreal colors, but don't like the arched wordmark which necessitates a number on the front.

Better yet, go with this one:

mtlmaroons.png

and you've got a great alt for this club.

Plus they have white numbers with red outline on the white jersey and red ones with white outlines on the red jersey. Extremely bland. No imagination at all. I won't go to one of their games just because of those dumbass jerseys.

Here are pics.

247638_resize.jpg

White jersey

Sorry, that's effin' SWEET.

Boring? Ha. I call it wonderfully classic. Esp. when you got crap like the Lewiston Maineiacs in the same league.

And chances are none of you are gonna go anyway. Montreal Rocket anyone?

On their official website, their official name is the "Club de Hockey Junior de MontrΓ©al" and not "Juniors de MontrΓ©al". I'm not old but I happen to be a modern old school fan so I'm liking the overall package. Still I am thinking an actual name might be better. Maybe they did not want to go with the "bleu, blanc, rouge" like they did with the Rocket to not ripoff the Canadiens so they thought this is the best option. Either way, welcome back to 1901! :flagcanada:

Edit: Their former team back in the 70s/80s had that name

As a former sports broadcaster, I have to say that the White-on-White numbers and Burgundy-on-Burgundy numbers aren't long for this world. The present number outlines aren't going to provide enough contrast during the flow of actual game-play.

Yeah, the Milwaukee Admirals did something similar last year, with black sleeve numbers outlined in light blue against black.

This year, they've gone with white numbers - much easier to read.

Plus they have white numbers with red outline on the white jersey and red ones with white outlines on the red jersey. Extremely bland. No imagination at all. I won't go to one of their games just because of those dumbass jerseys.

Here are pics.

247638_resize.jpg

White jersey

Boring? Ha. I call it wonderfully classic. Esp. when you got crap like the Lewiston Maineiacs in the same league.

Looks like they just stole Pheonix's jerseys and Dallas' name arch.

Notabley, it is not an EDGE jersey...an indication that the CHL is not going EDGE next season? or just making a jersey in the current style of what they use now

Notabley, it is not an EDGE jersey...an indication that the CHL is not going EDGE next season? or just making a jersey in the current style of what they use now

The more I look at it, the more I think the Coyotes should get their waist stripes back.

Here are pics.

247638_resize.jpg

White jersey

I thought we had already established that it wasn't going to happen until the 2009-10 season? Or am I making that up?

I wouldn't say established, only because we haven't officially heard it from any league, team, or Reebok/CCM reps. I think it was Neon Matrix who talked to a guy at a team store (can't remember the team) and he said the CHL isn't going Edge until 2009. Not that I don't believe him, but I don't consider anything established until it comes from the mouths of leagues/teams/Reebok-CCM.

Archived