UEFA Champions League

heernumurr

Yeah Man U is like the Yankees, but Chelsea is like the Red Sox, so you might as well just stay away from both of them :P

So, what's the equivalent to the Cubs? ^_^

Newcastle :P Tonnes of fans, but haven't won anything since the Second World War. And incase you're wonder the Blue Jays are Blackburn Rovers. Won the Premier league in 95 and have been mid-table ever since (minus the relegation in 99 and promotion soon after, but hey the Jays were crap at that time also)

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is cheering for ManU like cheering for the Yankees?

It's too bad that once more it comes down to PK's. The announcers were right though, that's some cruel pressure to put on a man, even a paid professional. John Terry should be on suicide watch the way he looked.

Congrats to both teams for making it that far. I bet practically all of England came to a halt for the match.

Yeah Man U is like the Yankees, but Chelsea is like the Red Sox, so you might as well just stay away from both of them :P

What's that make Everton?

My Take

Man Utd = Yankees

Chelsea = Red Sox

Arsenal = Athletics (Buy cheap, sell high, tight budget...Arsene Wenger is similar to Billy Beane), or the Braves because they consistently near the top, but only a few trophies to show for it.

Liverpool = Phillies

Everton = Padres

Man City = Mets (Naturally)

Tottenham = Dodgers...big payroll.

Arsenal = Athletics (Buy cheap, sell high, tight budget...Arsene Wenger is similar to Billy Beane), or the Braves because they consistently near the top, but only a few trophies to show for it.

I guess since I've never really adopted a EPL team as my favorite, that'll be it. That and I have a friend who loves the hell out of Arsenal and has a big ass poster of them from 2006-07 on her wall. So I guess that'll be the team I cheer for.

My Take

Man Utd = Yankees

Chelsea = Red Sox

Liverpool = Phillies

Everton = Padres

Man City = Mets (Naturally)

Tottenham = Dodgers...big payroll.

Until 2004 Newcastle would have been the Red Sox equivalent (Both North-east,long history of not winning anything) but they are nearer the Phillies than Liverpool who I think are closer to the Cards.

City and the Mets is good although the Mets recent history is better than City's.

Chelsea could be better compared with the D-Backs (New money = recent success).

Man Utd and the Yankees - what's not to hate?

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

That's true, I didn't think of the Cards = Pool comparison. I think that is better off to. Especially since both teams have won recent championships. And have a storied past, huge fan base, wear red, American owners, new stadiums.

Is cheering for ManU like cheering for the Yankees?

It's too bad that once more it comes down to PK's. The announcers were right though, that's some cruel pressure to put on a man, even a paid professional. John Terry should be on suicide watch the way he looked.

Congrats to both teams for making it that far. I bet practically all of England came to a halt for the match.

What's that make Everton?

The White Sox? Team sharing a city with a vastly more popular club.

That's true, I didn't think of the Cards = Pool comparison. I think that is better off to. Especially since both teams have won recent championships. And have a storied past, huge fan base, wear red, American owners, new stadiums.

Except their fans don't get killed when their team plays. Other than that the comparison is apt.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Except their fans don't get killed when their team plays. Other than that the comparison is apt.

That comment is a bit offside.

That comment is a bit offside.

Doesn't make it any less true.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived