Custom Jersey Numbering Websites

TBGKon

I know some guys out there have done this, but what are some websites that can place numbers on blank jerseys. I'm looking at getting a new Rays road jersey and want to see what other options there are to get decent letters and numbers put on it.

I know some guys out there have done this, but what are some websites that can place numbers on blank jerseys. I'm looking at getting a new Rays road jersey and want to see what other options there are to get decent letters and numbers put on it.

I've used Exclusive Pro Sports for every numbered jersey I have. They do excellent work, they can execute your custom designs, too, up to a point, and the price of blank jersey plus Exclusive Pro's numbering service plus shipping has always been the lowest of the available options. Makes their work an extraordinarily good value. Can't recommend them highly enough.

If I might ask a question, though: When a team puts its city name on its road jerseys, I tend to prefer the road jersey over the home jersey. I like city-name jerseys. But where a team has the same script at home and road, I've never seen the attraction of getting the gray version. Just a meaningless taste issue, but I wonder if you'd care to say why you're choosing a new Rays road jersey instead of a new Rays home jersey, given that they both say "Rays" across the front.

20082614447.png

I've used Exclusive Pro Sports for every numbered jersey I have. They do excellent work, they can execute your custom designs, too, up to a point, and the price of blank jersey plus Exclusive Pro's numbering service plus shipping has always been the lowest of the available options. Makes their work an extraordinarily good value. Can't recommend them highly enough.

If I might ask a question, though: When a team puts its city name on its road jerseys, I tend to prefer the road jersey over the home jersey. I like city-name jerseys. But where a team has the same script at home and road, I've never seen the attraction of getting the gray version. Just a meaningless taste issue, but I wonder if you'd care to say why you're choosing a new Rays road jersey instead of a new Rays home jersey, given that they both say "Rays" across the front.

I'm not really too fond of white jerseys that much, so when I saw the road uni, i figured I could get the look of a home uni, but in gray.

Hey, here's a stupid question.

Apart from the sleeve patch and default numbering, what's the difference between an authentic and a replica jersey? I saw some MLB jerseys at Champs Sports, and they were complete garbage from what I could tell, but that's mostly because of the generic numbers. Apart from that, though, it looked good. It's not like NBA where there is a large disparity in the quality of materials, is it?

Also, where can one buy numberless jerseys? Exclusive Pro Sports said that they'll number it even if it's not from there, so I figure if I can buy the jersey from someone else and get the lettering from there, why not?

In addition to Exclusive Pro Sports I also had a good experience with Triple Threat Sports. However, due to some licensing weirdness they can only do lettering for MLB jerseys if you also buy the jersey from them. If you mail them a baseball jersey yourself it has to be a retired player.

Apart from the sleeve patch and default numbering, what's the difference between an authentic and a replica jersey? I saw some MLB jerseys at Champs Sports, and they were complete garbage from what I could tell, but that's mostly because of the generic numbers. Apart from that, though, it looked good. It's not like NBA where there is a large disparity in the quality of materials, is it?

It depends on the team. Some of the team that have additional piping like the Giants or Nationals or Angels get shafted in the replica department; some teams lettering (especially if it's a script that crosses the buttons) get the shaft too.

Really you should pretty much never buy an MLB replica unless you aren't getting it numbered and the team has a basic jersey design to begin with (Yankees, Red Sox, etc.)

1zgyd8w.jpg

Everyone swears by Exclusive Pro. I've never used them. I've either had custom jerseys made up from scratch by Uniforms Express (wholly custom designs, nothing MLB related) or I've gone to a local shop here in Houston.

Also, where can one buy numberless jerseys? Exclusive Pro Sports said that they'll number it even if it's not from there, so I figure if I can buy the jersey from someone else and get the lettering from there, why not?

Aside from the patches and numbering, the replicas are made of lighter weight doubleknit material. Majestic MLB jerseys are noticeably thicker. It demonstratively noticeable when you compare them side-to-side. It's not as severe as with NBA or even NFL jerseys, but it is noticeable if you've ever gotten your hands on replicas and authentics.

You can get numberless MLB jerseys (replica and authentic) from Eastbay or MLBShop.com. You'll pay full price, but you know what you're getting.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Thanks guys for all of your help, would anyone happen to know if the number font the Rays will use in 2008 is the standard MLB block and what the official color layering is. I think the numbers are navy-white-columbia, but not sure.

Thanks guys for all of your help, would anyone happen to know if the number font the Rays will use in 2008 is the standard MLB block and what the official color layering is. I think the numbers are navy-white-columbia, but not sure.

They "look" like the the block standard (like the Dodgers/Cards/Mets wear on their jerseys), but don't quote me on it. The home whites & BP jerseys are navy with white trim. I haven't seen them wear the greys, but MLB Shop says it's navy with white trim too. The whites have blue names on a nameplate. The greys allegedly have navy names too, but I have no idea about the nameplates (I would guess they have them). BP's are white names, no nameplates.

Rays Pictures

As an aside, I had no idea Exclusive Pro would sell you just the numbers as well. I am definitely going to them for something now.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The home whites & BP jerseys are navy with white trim. I haven't seen them wear the greys, but MLB Shop says it's navy with white trim too.

As an aside, I had no idea Exclusive Pro would sell you just the numbers as well. I am definitely going to them for something now.

Yeah, the road grays seem to have white outlines. Really makes the numbers pop.

I've bought one numbered authentic jersey from Exclusive Pro, which was a great bargain. I've sent two already purchased authentic jerseys to Exclusive Pro for numbering, and one authentic jersey bought with numbers for stripping and re-numbering, and I also sent them a replica WBC jersey to have custom numbers of my own design put on. The only thing Exclusive Pro has not been able to do for me is attach patches to MLB jerseys; due to IP protections, I've had to go to my local seamstress for that service.

20082614447.png

Both exclusive pro and triple threat can do throwback customizations. I have used both and they both do a great job.

On another note, per uniwatch, the Rays are going to switch to Tampa Bay on their road jerseys next season. They are just using Rays for this year to try and rebrand the team without the Devil.

I've gotten a couple things done from Triple Threat, and they're close but a little off. On my Pens Crosby, the gold trim was a different color, too bright and yellowy, plus they missed all the subtleties of their font-the straight edge on the "7", etc. And the numbering on my Sox jersey was just a bit off too, like as if they don't use the official guide but just kinda wing it or something. They also seem to use a looser, clumsier stitch when compared to a legit jersey. But yeah Exclusive Pro is basically the $hit.

FWIW, Bill Henderson of the mlbstyleguides.com recommends Center Star Sports from the Houston area.

Center Star Sports

4411 Bluebonnet Drive

Suite 105

Stafford, Texas 77477

(281) 240-2822

Email: centerstarsports@yahoo.com

I recently sent in some jerseys based on his recommendation but I don't expect them back for another week or two. Anyone else used them? I've heard the only drawback to EPS is super long waits, 12 weeks in some cases.

FWIW, Bill Henderson of the mlbstyleguides.com recommends Center Star Sports from the Houston area.

Center Star Sports

4411 Bluebonnet Drive

Suite 105

Stafford, Texas 77477

(281) 240-2822

Email: centerstarsports@yahoo.com

I recently sent in some jerseys based on his recommendation but I don't expect them back for another week or two. Anyone else used them? I've heard the only drawback to EPS is super long waits, 12 weeks in some cases.

I use Center Star Sports. Gary Clem is running the show there. There is a chance you'll catch a delay, because it's just him and a seamstress. He does stuff for the Texans (in-season) and uniforms for a local private school. He also used to do the Rockets' jerseys before they went to adidas. My personal advice: be as specific as possible. Include pictures if you can. He gets lots of people who say, "Hey, can you do this?", but it's just vague enough that he then it turns into a back-and-forth that just leads to delays. And he doesn't have all the numbers/letters for the new team fonts (i.e. Angels, Mariners, etc). He can do them, but he is basically doing them freehand from the pictures. Honestly, you'd have to hold up an MLB-purchased Majestic side-by-side to know the difference, but even then it would take a trained eye.

Highest of recommendations.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to thank BallWonk and everyone who has ever praised Exclusive Pro. I finally relented and ordered a numbering kit from them (since Center Star doesn't have all of the current proprietary fonts) and I couldn't be happier. I got Angels numbers in custom colors for a from-scratch custom jersey, and they look sweet. Can't wait to get it all put together.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived