Milwaukee Iron

JaMike81

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The horse isn't as random as a lot of people are thinking. "Milwaukee Iron" and "Iron Horse" are two old nicknames for H-D bikes.

Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long for a Milwaukee/Wisconsin-based team to go with a Harley themed identity. It's just too bad it didn't happen back when owning a Harley actually meant something (other than being an accountant from the suburbs who likes to dress up and play "bad ass" on the weekend).

But saddling Milwaukee with a AF2 team is a slap in the face to one of the first "major league" towns to embrace area ball. Especially when it's owned by the same family that caused us to lose our first one.

Here's to wishing the Iron (and the AFL) a quick and painful death.

wow, that's a pretty bad site. took me forever to find out what sport it was only b/c i wasn't sure if it had loaded correctly or not

It's not that hard to see the large "AF2" logo in the upper-right corner. Try not to be stupid and you might figure it out.

wow, that's a pretty bad site. took me forever to find out what sport it was only b/c i wasn't sure if it had loaded correctly or not

It's not that hard to see the large "AF2" logo in the upper-right corner. Try not to be stupid and you might figure it out.

That original post was from April, when the team had a different, and practically unnavigable, website.

Try not to be stupid and you might figure it out.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

with ALL the resources available for a decent functional and versatile logo...internet...schools...freelancers...firms...companies all over town...

HOW do people end up with such horrible logos?

Do they not teach about branding and identity in business school or something?

If it weren't for the major design and ad firms monopolizing the larger leagues, the bigger leagues would be in just as bad a shape...not only in the sports world...but the business world as well...I am an art director at a financial firm and when we get a new client and they first give me their stuff to make a company profile of, I'd say about 75% of them have a logo that looks ocmpletely and totally unprofessional or like a 3rd grader did it on contruction paper...are you kidding me?

These are legitimate, up and running, established companies too...I don't get it...there's way too many designers, schools and firms and agencies out there for a company or sports team to end up using crap like this for an actual logo to represent themselves...

only people I'll let get away with this is high schools...and I even think THEY should fork over a little dough from time to time and have a designer give them an identity

^

I get that they're cheap...but I'm sure they had to pay for the ugly logo and probbaly not much less than for a decent looking one....

like I said there's all types of resources out there to get a decent logo and not have to blow the budget...

I'm not for doing cheap or free work but a student or upstart design company or guy who wants a small gig on the side to pay for some concert tickets would be able to produce something that would work...this type of stuff just boggles the mind...

it's like...there's no shades of gray in the tought process...either you gotta fork over a few thousand dollars, OR you get something for free out of a clipart book and have your secretary add the name at the bottom...I mean....SHEESH!!!

* and yeah I watch Mad Men and LOVE that show!

Archived