Proposed buffalo bills helmet

TruColor

Here's my take on a slightly modified Bills helmet:

BuffaloBills_HS_Proposed.jpg

All I've done is make the helmet the same Dark Navy Blue they're using now, lighten the Royal Blue slightly, and darken the Red a little.  I did NOT include the Nickel Gray (although I like the color and the idea behind it), because of the complexity of having 4 colors plus white in a color scheme.

Let me know what you all think.

The nickel grey is sharp. I think the Bills new uni would have looked better if they had gone back to a white helmet with their current logo.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Cool variation, but I say scrap the entire look. It has been so royally f'ed, that they need to revamp everything. New stadium, new moniker, new city, whatever. The new jerseys were the worst thing that could happen to Buffalo since OJ, and losing 4 Superbowls in a row, and the Music City Miracle, and Rob Johnson, and.........

Here's another one...Now, I've just gone with the old White helmet look, and made the Blue more of a Royal Blue.  And, I've kept the Nickel Gray as well....

BuffaloBills_HS_Proposed4.jpg

Hopefully, the color scheme won't look to much like the NY Giants...

Oh WOW!!!  :o  I stand corrected. That white helmet looks spectacular!!! That makes a world of difference. Add a retro jersey derivative from the era they wore a white helmet and we MAY have had a winner. That looks so legit, especially with the blue face mask.

I was going to see if this conversation was going on here as well, but I couldn't find the bookmark on my home computer until now. I did find the really old CC ezboard -- it's still there, and still bombed my computer with the pop-ups. :(

Here's the red version I made that PANTONE linked to (Thanks, BTW)

billsnew.jpg

I'm staying here from now on.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to reply to this earlier, but couldn't. I really like the dark blue with the white buffalo. The nickel gray might look cool with the white buffalo too. And how about a nickel gray buffalo? I generally don't like white helmets, but these white helmets look okay. Maybe I'd like them without stripes. Anyway, all of these are good stuff.

If Buffalo changed the helmet, they could also tweak the new jerseys. The blue shoulder top on the roads is cool, but the red sides combined with the red pant stripes and red socks is too much. I'd get rid of the red side panels and the red socks.

Best,

e_m

Archived