Washing Jerseys

Axis_of_Weasel

i just bought a CCM replica jersey offa ebay and its a little dirtier than expected.

I hate washing jerseys, especially customized ones, but its I might with this one.

i bought a jersey earlier that seems to have been washed, though i dont know how many times. the main logo appears to be coming off at the edges (i guess it was glued on not sewn) and the sewing/threads on the main logo looks like its unraveling. plus, like other clothes that are washed (often), it has fabric fuzzballs all over it.

if anyone has experience, if I wash once, will it get like this? should I wash in cold water?

any other tips?

thx!

Wash them inside out as well.....Hard to believe but that takes some of the pressure off the numbers and such.

Pull them out the wash as soon as the cycle is done...

And never...EVER....put them in the dryer....Always let them air dry on a hanger....

you know ive never had a problem just washing jerseys with my normal wash. i just never ever ever put them in the dryer. the only jersey ive had thats been ruined by washing is my replica Portis, the numbers and name have all peeled. but hockey jerseys? never had a problem with it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

you know ive never had a problem just washing jerseys with my normal wash. i just never ever ever put them in the dryer. the only jersey ive had thats been ruined by washing is my replica Portis, the numbers and name have all peeled. but hockey jerseys? never had a problem with it.

I have had the same problem with a football jersey in the past. The replica material doesn't hold up too well in the washing machine. For those, I'd suggest had washing. As far as hockey or baseball, I have never had any problems.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

Sports jerseys are made to be laundered regularly. Teams really don't have anything special other than industrial-size washing machines.

Throw it in cold, dry on low, you're good to go.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

For those who have experience with button-up MLB jerseys, do you wash those buttoned-up or unbuttoned? I like the idea of washing jerseys inside out to protect the lettering, but it seems like doing that only works if the jersey is buttoned.

I just want to repeat do not put them in the dryer.

It's surprising how dry they come out of the wash after the spin cycle to begin with. Just air dry them. This will prevent the different fabrics of the crest from shrinking at different rates and wrinkling up badly.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived