Cubs In Blue

Waleslax

The Cubs were in blue tonight. I was hoping someone could clarify that for me - I thought the team eliminated the third jersey last year. I hadn't heard anything about it being brought back.

I looked for the link about the topic on the board but couldn't find it.

Rob

That would make at least three times so far this year in the blues. John McDonough was the Cubs President who said last year that he didn't like the blue alts (and that the Cubs wouldn't wear them in 2007), and he left in the offseason to be the President of the Blackhawks. Since the blues never were officially removed as an alt (they just elected to not wear them), they didn't need to be "brought back."

Moose

The Cubs have one of the classic looks in all of sports and it deeply saddens me every time they wear those stupid alternates. As somewhat of a baseball purist I would like to see alternates in baseball go by the wayside altogether.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

The Cubs have one of the classic looks in all of sports and it deeply saddens me every time they wear those stupid alternates. As somewhat of a baseball purist I would like to see alternates in baseball go by the wayside altogether.

I don't know about that. While the Cubs' blue-pinstriped homes are indeed classic, I haven't found much in their road grays that appeals to me. In fact, comparatively to their home uniform, I find the Cubs' road set to be completely underwhelming.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I don't know about that. While the Cubs' blue-pinstriped homes are indeed classic, I haven't found much in their road grays that appeals to me. In fact, comparatively to their home uniform, I find the Cubs' road set to be completely underwhelming.

Just another excuse to unearth the Cubs road look of my youth ...

09F.jpggmaddux.jpg

Have the Cubs play the Blue Jays on a Friday night in Toronto, so the home team can wear blue pants, and the road team wear white pants. Watch people flip!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I completely disagree with this entire statement.

Nor do I.

I don't. I think it's bang on. But then, I'm old... :)

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

That would make at least three times so far this year in the blues. John McDonough was the Cubs President who said last year that he didn't like the blue alts (and that the Cubs wouldn't wear them in 2007), and he left in the offseason to be the President of the Blackhawks. Since the blues never were officially removed as an alt (they just elected to not wear them), they didn't need to be "brought back."

Moose

I guess that clearly explains why I haven't heard any official announcements. I still haven't found the post that talked about the Cubs stopping wearing them last season, but I remember it clearly.

Personally, I love the Cubs blue jersey. The white home is my favorite, but that Cubbie blue looks awesome on a sunny day! Just my thoughts.

Thanks!

Rob

That blue alt is okay for like Sunday home games, but it look crappy on the road and looks like a softball team in general.

I really hope they only sparingly break these out this season.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived