Calgary Flames uniform tweak

elliott

So, I'm going to to explain my thinking behind this, as usual. You really don't have to read this but I always find it helpful to understand what the designer is thinking.

Here is what I like about the Flames jerseys:

1. The attempt to make the set transition from pants-jersey. One of the only teams in the league to do this, which is especially weird since I Rbk was talking about making a lot of teams like this pre-EDGE, and the All-Star game template is in this format (although it actually works perfectly)

2. The arm striping. Just a really nice look.

...and that's about where the list stops. So I focused on those two things.

What I don't like/hate:

1. The piping that just...ends. Pointless.

2. The semi-circle made on the sides where striping meets piping.

3. Too much black. The numbers, logo, sleeves, and pants are kind of overwhelming.

4. The transition from jersey-pants on the white jerseys. The homes are perfect. Not so much on the roads, as it goes from black-red.

5. Hem stripe. Why interrupt the transition?

6. Flags on the shoulders. Just...Why? It's like trying to be trendsetters, but there is no chance that a trend will start.

So, here is what I did:

1. Made the transition work.

2. White logos/numbers. I feel that it shows up much better.

3. No more lace up collar, I don't see the need with modern looking jerseys to have a classic-looking collar.

4. Ahh, the numbers. Most people will hate it, I'm sure. But I felt like it was a creative touch that went nicely with the flame motif.

5. No more flags.

So after that extensive and probably unnecessary explanation, here is the tweak/concept (I actually think of it as more of a concept because it required a lot of effort, not just photoshopping an existing jersey or something.

FlamesConceptTweak.gif

***Also notice the minor template and layout changes I made, you like?

C+C

Its better and worse. The number and name fonts are HORIBE and would never work for a pro sports team! However I like that you added the white C and that you fixed the socks. Also like how the under arms dont just randomly end.

All in all its really only the font that you need to fix!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I hate the Flames current jersey, think that it is the worst in the league.

For the most part I like what you have done here, one thing that is bugging me is with the C. The space in between the 5th and 6th Flame looks weird to be colored in, it should be the color of the jersey. Also the name and numbers do not belong on a hockey jersey period.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I liked that you got rid of the black C. It's supposed to be a 'C' in flames -- black is what you're left with (ashes and soot) after the fire's been extinguished. Red, white, orange, yellow ... they all represent fire and heat.

White looks good ... but what about yellow? (Just a thought)

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

White looks good ... but what about yellow? (Just a thought)

Always wondered that myself.

Go with the regular name and number font and it's a total upgrade, but they still suck compared to their old set. Like someone else said, they're probably the worst in the NHL right now.

That they are, along with Florida and St. Louis they're in the bottom

untitled-6.jpg

Archived