New Number Font for Rams Jerseys in 2008?

illini1

I saw a picture of Chris Long holding up a Rams jersey with #1 on it and I noticed that it looks like it is a different font from last year. I'm not a Rams fan, but I thought that their numbers were more rounded. The number on this jersey looks to be just the standard block numbers.

Here's a link to the picture: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...EE?OpenDocument

Yeah, that's the same "1" as their new(er) rounded numbers:

St-Louis-Rams--Marc-Bulger-Poster-C12512853.jpeg

What's really interesting is that they altered a team-issed jersey from 2003 to present to him on the podium:

Chris.Long.jpg

Glad that they're not just grabbing an inauthentic "authentic" from the club shop, but a five-year old jersey? :D

Glad that they're not just grabbing an inauthentic "authentic" from the club shop, but a five-year old jersey? :D

Sounds like Georgia's parsimony rubbed off on Chip. Ladies and gents...the cheapest organization in the National Football League. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, that's the same "1" as their new(er) rounded numbers:

St-Louis-Rams--Marc-Bulger-Poster-C12512853.jpeg

What's really interesting is that they altered a team-issed jersey from 2003 to present to him on the podium:

Chris.Long.jpg

Chances are it is a spare blank jersey that the team had in the back that they put a #1 on.

Perhaps the equipment manager sewed a whole bunch of "1" jerseys back in 2003, then they attach name plates before each draft. Who knows...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oh, I'm sure that it was.

I just think it's interesting that the blank has been floating around for five years "in the back."

It's not all that uncommon. I know a guy that used to work for the Titans, they had years and years worth of extra stuff in storage. I once got several blanks from their supply, one was a '99 Puma, a couple of '02 Reeboks.

When the NFL switched to the "NFL Equipment" logo on the collar and pants, Reebok sent a ton of extra stuff to replace the "backup" blanks and extras that the teams kept on hand.

Archived