The Brett Favre Clothing Line

Think this is just a TAD overboard?

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Finally, David Witthoft shunned his Brett Favre jersey for the first time in 1,581 days.

The Ridgefield, Conn. boy, 12, wore the No. 4 jersey every day since receiving it as a gift for Christmas in 2003. David's father, Chuck Witthoft, said Monday that his son's last day wearing the jersey was April 23 -- his 12th birthday.

Witthoft conceded his son was starting to become more concerned about his appearance after the jersey barely came down to his belt line.

Witthoft first gained national attention three years ago, and attended his first Packers game in December. He's also planning to attend the Sept. 8 game when the Packers retire Favre's No. 4.

His mother, Carolyn, had washed the jersey every other day and mended it when needed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3383306

...and they all laughed at me for wearing my Joe Orsulak jersey for 7-sraight years... :P

Seriously though, come on...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Think this is just a TAD overboard?
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Finally, David Witthoft shunned his Brett Favre jersey for the first time in 1,581 days.

The Ridgefield, Conn. boy, 12, wore the No. 4 jersey every day since receiving it as a gift for Christmas in 2003. David's father, Chuck Witthoft, said Monday that his son's last day wearing the jersey was April 23 -- his 12th birthday.

Witthoft conceded his son was starting to become more concerned about his appearance after the jersey barely came down to his belt line.

Witthoft first gained national attention three years ago, and attended his first Packers game in December. He's also planning to attend the Sept. 8 game when the Packers retire Favre's No. 4.

His mother, Carolyn, had washed the jersey every other day and mended it when needed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3383306

...and they all laughed at me for wearing my Joe Orsulak jersey for 7-sraight years... :P

Seriously though, come on...

He's 12 so he can get away with it. When you're that young nobody cares how you dress. If he was doing that and he was at least in high school then that's a bigger deal.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

He's 12 so he can get away with it. When you're that young nobody cares how you dress. If he was doing that and he was at least in high school then that's a bigger deal.

Exactly. At 12, wearing the same jersey every day is cute. And let this be a lesson to some of the older members on this board that (no doubt) wear the same baseball cap every day. That is significantly less attractive. Just an FYI.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Exactly. At 12, wearing the same jersey every day is cute. And let this be a lesson to some of the older members on this board that (no doubt) wear the same baseball cap every day. That is significantly less attractive. Just an FYI.

Well, I alternate between my Team Canada hockey cap and my Toronto Argonauts cap depending on what clothes I wear that day.... and occasionally wear a generic Italy hat when I go out my bike :P

I saw, I came, I left.

I don't care that he's only 12. That's pretty sick in my book to wear it everyday for over 1,500 consecutive days. And if it were my kid, I'd have put my foot down about it LONG before it got out of hand. Even a week I would probably say OK, enough's enough...

You know, maybe 2-3 days when he got it, OK, its new, you're exicted, fine. But for over FOUR years? That's scary.

Well, I alternate between my Team Canada hockey cap and my Toronto Argonauts cap depending on what clothes I wear that day.... and occasionally wear a generic Italy hat when I go out my bike :P

I have a huge hat collection, and I swear nowadays some of them I don't even wear for an entire year. I go to work in slacks and a polo or shirt and tie. Hats and jerseys get cut down to weekends, and even then it depends on what I'm doing. I think this is why if you wear a hat or jersey all of the time it gets a stigma about it because younger people do have the time to wear whatever to school. Especially when you're 12 it's alright. I'm not sure what the "age cutoff" is for it not being okay anymore. I mean college makes sense because most college students just go to class and back home. High school is more peer pressure to look good. So I guess middle school is the cut off, then its not okay, then in college briefly it's okay again, and then after college it's a no-no for good. Jeez I hope that made sense. Chalk it up to stream of conciousness, LOL.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

This is why people make fun of psychotic Packer fans.

People make fun of psychotic "any team" fans. Not all Packers fans are psychotic.

spacer.png

I have a huge hat collection, and I swear nowadays some of them I don't even wear for an entire year. I go to work in slacks and a polo or shirt and tie. Hats and jerseys get cut down to weekends, and even then it depends on what I'm doing. I think this is why if you wear a hat or jersey all of the time it gets a stigma about it because younger people do have the time to wear whatever to school. Especially when you're 12 it's alright. I'm not sure what the "age cutoff" is for it not being okay anymore. I mean college makes sense because most college students just go to class and back home. High school is more peer pressure to look good. So I guess middle school is the cut off, then its not okay, then in college briefly it's okay again, and then after college it's a no-no for good. Jeez I hope that made sense. Chalk it up to stream of conciousness, LOL.

I started wearing hats at a very young age, not because of fashion, but because I played little league. It has never really been much about fashion status for me, it is mostly because I really hate having the sunlight on my face. And yes, I even wear a baseball hat during winters because the hat (with the jacket hood on) helps keeping some of the blowing snow off my face and a toque messes my hair.

I should point out, I don't actually go into work wearing a hat (slacks and casual dress shirt). I wear the hat when I'm outside doing something casual like driving, buying groceries or going to the gym before or after work. If I have to go out for work-related stuff, I do have to wear a construction hat. ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

People make fun of psychotic "any team" fans. Not all Packers fans are psychotic.

Then why do thousands of people wear cheese hats and hunting vests when they go to a football game?

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

Then why do thousands of people wear cheese hats and hunting vests when they go to a football game?

Because they have things to do before or after the game?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Because they have things to do before or after the game?

The hunting clothes are warm. Wearing the hunter orange just for hunting is the equivalent of a bride wearing a wedding dress just once -- it's a waste of money. Can't help with the cheese hats, except I've yet to see a fan base that didn't have some ridiculous item in their game day apparel or ritual.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The hunting clothes are warm. Wearing the hunter orange just for hunting is the equivalent of a bride wearing a wedding dress just once -- it's a waste of money. Can't help with the cheese hats, except I've yet to see a fan base that didn't have some ridiculous item in their game day apparel or ritual.

Miami. Unless you want to count the 12 people just showing up to the stadium as a ridiculous game day ritual... :P

Archived