My rendition of the provincial flag of Ontario

GeorgesL

Got a sports logo or uniform design to show off to the world? Looking for some constructive criticism? This is the place to post it.

Why did you post this here? It should go under general design. Also I dont think it should be on the flag. For example:

This is the equalivalent to the ontario what that we have in PEI:

pei_logo_gentle_island.jpg

This is our flag:

800px-Flag_of_Prince_Edward_Island.svg.png

They are and should be different.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Introducing what I feel should be Ontario's new provincial flag:

While I am not sure the government logo would be the best fit for a state flag, I would flip the colors and make the flag green with the emblem white.

While I am not sure the government logo would be the best fit for a state flag, I would flip the colors and make the flag green with the emblem white.

You mean, like this?

ontario2.png

You mean, like this?

ontario2.png

Still too plain, maybe add a stripe or two.

Hi, how are you?

i don't know why i am having this vision...but outline the logo with a white circle. then have four lines coming out of the circle to the border of the flags at every 90 degrees. it might add a little something.

Ontario is the only province to touch any of the great lakes (making contact with 4 of the 5), that seems like an element that could be included.

You could make use of the fact that most of ontario's north is forest and you got all the lakes to the south but doing a flag with a green top half and a blue bottom half with some sort of symbolism... think Saskatchewan.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Sorry but as much as I like new "modern" designs (INCLUDING The "un-original" Franco-Ontarien flag) I can't see many Canadian provinces, and certainly not ole loyalist Ontario breaking away from the "Red Ensign" tradition.

I find that the trillium, while interesting graphically, especially its new version, a little too cliché. I would definitely exploit the Great Lakes aspects, (similarly to the 2 red bands on the Canadian flags) Maybe use a daimond shape, like Brasil where each side represents a lake, sort of like this:

ontarioflag3kv6.png

(took about 20 minutes to do this, with no REAL tools...)

Again, not trying to hi-jack this concept, but just giving some ideas to brainstorm...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Sorry but as much as I like new "modern" designs (INCLUDING The "un-original" Franco-Ontarien flag) I can't see many Canadian provinces, and certainly not ole loyalist Ontario breaking away from the "Red Ensign" tradition.

I find that the trillium, while interesting graphically, especially its new version, a little too cliché. I would definitely exploit the Great Lakes aspects, (similarly to the 2 red bands on the Canadian flags) Maybe use a daimond shape, like Brasil where each side represents a lake, sort of like this:

ontarioflag3kv6.png

(took about 20 minutes to do this, with no REAL tools...)

Again, not trying to hi-jack this concept, but just giving some ideas to brainstorm...

I'd be a fan of a flag like this or similiar to this -- not sure about the diamond though, is it meant to represent anything?

---

Chris Creamer

here's my quick design idea...

the blue at the top represents the james and hudson bays, the blue at the bottom represents the great lakes, the green in the middle represents the large areas of forest and the provincial symbol (a trillium/people) is on the left there

ontflag.gif

---

Chris Creamer

here's my quick design idea...

the blue at the top represents the james and hudson bays, the blue at the bottom represents the great lakes, the green in the middle represents the large areas of forest and the provincial symbol (a trillium/people) is on the left there

ontflag.gif

LOVEEEEE IT!!!

Man are we quick when we all work as a collective...

Well, I also find graphic design to be the best procratinating tool when I'm on a tight deadline at work and people are pissing me off!!!

In my design, the diamond shape only served the purpose of dividing the area into 4 blue shapes representing the Great Lakes.

I was also trying to see is the white could be tied in with the roads system, but we have more than 4 major highways.

Chris: in your version, if you want to "acknowledge" all major bodies of water, a third blue line in the middle may be good to represent the St-Lawrence Seaway...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived