Fairview High

jake22

So I have been working on a concept for my high schools boys basketball team. I like the way they turned out but tell me what you guys think!

My school does use a "fake" detroit Pistons logo for basketball wich is cool but I think they could use something a little more original. (if you have any ideas feel free to put them up here)

here is the logo

knightslogo.png

The Home Jersey

KnightsHome.png

The Away Jersey

KnightsAway.png

The Alternate (tell me wich works better.)

knightsAlternate.png

I know if these were real they would be WAY too expensive for any high school. also cook17 is my friend that plays bball. (i didnt steel this idea) C&C please!

lol my mom went to Fairview.

Pretty solid design for a high school. Well done.

I would go with the first alt, the one on the left.

I know the logo isn't yours, but is there anyway you could make the 'S' blend better with the lance? That and a good cleanup job could make it a decent HS logo.

I would have loved MORE comments on the football, but that didn't happen (still, feel free to) so, now It is time for baseball!

Pretty basic but I think they turned out pretty good.

Tell me what you think! Please??

Home

Home-1.png

Home Alternate

homealt2.png

Home Alternate #2

HomeAlternate.png

Road

Road-1.png

Road Alternate

Roadalt-1.png

C&C. JUST DO IT!

So I have been working on a concept for my high schools boys basketball team. I like the way they turned out but tell me what you guys think!

My school does use a "fake" detroit Pistons logo for basketball wich is cool but I think they could use something a little more original. (if you have any ideas feel free to put them up here)

here is the logo

knightslogo.png

The Home Jersey

KnightsHome.png

The Away Jersey

KnightsAway.png

knightsAlternate.png

I know if these were real they would be WAY too expensive for any high school. also cook17 is my friend that plays bball. (i didnt steel this idea) C&C please!

Nice job. But you can't have a number 17 in high school basketball. The NFHS will not allow the digits 6, 7, 8 and 9 to be used on any basketball uniform, boys or girls.

here is the logo

knightslogo.png

The Home Jersey

KnightsHome.png

The Away Jersey

KnightsAway.png

knightsAlternate.png

Looks like a solid high school concept.

I would suggest arching the words "FAIRVIEW" and "KNIGHTS" though.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Football:

Helmet: I would get rid of the HS on the logo

Pants: I don't see the lettering on the pants working, perhaps the logo would work

Also only post the combinations that you think look best. I would recommend not having black pants and white jerseys, or vis versa, when your primary color is red

Baseball: I don't like the home alternate, I am just no a fan of different colored sleeves.

nick Wall

"Find the flame, light the fire"

BEAT ASHEVILLE SCHOOL

Looking at all the concepts together, I think you need to find one consistent brand identity for these school teams. For example, the basketball uniforms feature Arial Black as the main font, while baseball uses Ergoe and the number font on the football unis is Copperplate. Look at universities like Florida State, Boston College, etc. — one number font across all the sports teams. That way, you can just glance at the uniforms at immediately know which school it is. Out of all the fonts you used, I would say Ergoe is the best, but (here I go again) there are a ton of free fonts out there that look so much better than what came with your computer; don't be afraid to download a few and try them out.

Some specific comments:

Basketball: It's a solid start. Consistency is the big thing here. Notice how you have the player name in uppercase on two of the jerseys, but in sentence case ("Cook" vs. "COOK") on the white one. Get them all in uppercase; it's uncommon to see anything else on a jersey, particularly in any sport other than soccer. It's little details like that that can make or break a concept. Also, resist the temptation to stretch or squish fonts vertically or horizontally. I can see the front number has been reduced vertically, and it's jarring to the eye (or at least my eye). I've already mentioned fonts, too, but I will go on record as saying that Arial Black is not a very good font for sports uniforms. You know, based on the logo, something like Serpentine would work very, very well.

Football: I'm not a big fan of the red jersey/red pants/red socks/red helmet combo, but that's just me. I doubt a high school would have three pairs of pants at their disposal, but I'm guessing you were just spitballing to see which one would look best. The Copperplate number font really comes out of nowhere, and it's not a great number font either (Columbus barely pulls it off). But those are just a few quibbles; all in all, a pretty nice set that could see the light of day.

Baseball: Again, consistency. Notice how you've stretched the F on the caps horizontally, yet the F on the home vest jersey is not the same. It would look weird to me if you wore the two different Fs together — and you can't even pull out the "tradition" card like the Tigers or Yankees do when it's pointed out that their cap logo is different from their jersey logo. Also, the road and road alternate, as well as the home and home alternate, have some inconsistencies. I can see, for example, that the "FAIRVIEW" wordmark on the home white jersey is taller than on the alt black jersey. Same with "KNIGHTS" on the road grey vs. the red alt. And it's more commonplace to have the nickname on the home jersey and the place name on the roads; I would switch those around.

I know it sounds like I'm nitpicking, but I think these are the kind of minute details that you have to pay attention to in order to take a concept to the next level.

You should probably make a single logo for the school athletic department so that it can be used for every sport. Kind of like what they do in the NCAA. Also if not like that than have a main themed logo for the school athletic department and then modify it for each sport. Thats what I would do to ensure consistancy.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Nice job. But you can't have a number 17 in high school basketball. The NFHS will not allow the digits 6, 7, 8 and 9 to be used on any basketball uniform, boys or girls.

REALLY??? Becaues I am just using my friends number that he does wear in games.

wow. well maby my high school dosn't inforce it.

Football:

Helmet: I would get rid of the HS on the logo

Also only post the combinations that you think look best. I would recommend not having black pants and white jerseys, or vis versa, when your primary color is red

I hate the logo too. but that is the real logo i didnt make it up. (they are changing it for next season) (ill get you a picture when i can) and my school does wear black with white and vis versis. and it looks pretty good.

blackwhite.jpg

Looking at all the concepts together, I think you need to find one consistent brand identity for these school teams. For example, the basketball uniforms feature Arial Black as the main font, while baseball uses Ergoe and the number font on the football unis is Copperplate. Look at universities like Florida State, Boston College, etc. ? one number font across all the sports teams. That way, you can just glance at the uniforms at immediately know which school it is. Out of all the fonts you used, I would say Ergoe is the best, but (here I go again) there are a ton of free fonts out there that look so much better than what came with your computer; don't be afraid to download a few and try them out.

Some specific comments:

Basketball: It's a solid start. Consistency is the big thing here. Notice how you have the player name in uppercase on two of the jerseys, but in sentence case ("Cook" vs. "COOK") on the white one. Get them all in uppercase; it's uncommon to see anything else on a jersey, particularly in any sport other than soccer. It's little details like that that can make or break a concept. Also, resist the temptation to stretch or squish fonts vertically or horizontally. I can see the front number has been reduced vertically, and it's jarring to the eye (or at least my eye). I've already mentioned fonts, too, but I will go on record as saying that Arial Black is not a very good font for sports uniforms. You know, based on the logo, something like Serpentine would work very, very well.

Football: I'm not a big fan of the red jersey/red pants/red socks/red helmet combo, but that's just me. I doubt a high school would have three pairs of pants at their disposal, but I'm guessing you were just spitballing to see which one would look best. The Copperplate number font really comes out of nowhere, and it's not a great number font either (Columbus barely pulls it off). But those are just a few quibbles; all in all, a pretty nice set that could see the light of day.

Baseball: Again, consistency. Notice how you've stretched the F on the caps horizontally, yet the F on the home vest jersey is not the same. It would look weird to me if you wore the two different Fs together ? and you can't even pull out the "tradition" card like the Tigers or Yankees do when it's pointed out that their cap logo is different from their jersey logo. Also, the road and road alternate, as well as the home and home alternate, have some inconsistencies. I can see, for example, that the "FAIRVIEW" wordmark on the home white jersey is taller than on the alt black jersey. Same with "KNIGHTS" on the road grey vs. the red alt. And it's more commonplace to have the nickname on the home jersey and the place name on the roads; I would switch those around.

I know it sounds like I'm nitpicking, but I think these are the kind of minute details that you have to pay attention to in order to take a concept to the next level.

thanks for all the advice. thats what im talking about!! I will make some changes so they all look better.

the red on red on red on red looks bad but my school does it.

redredredred.jpg

and the 3 pairs of pants...they do.

whitepants.jpg

redpants.jpg

blackpants.jpg

You should probably make a single logo for the school athletic department so that it can be used for every sport. Kind of like what they do in the NCAA. Also if not like that than have a main themed logo for the school athletic department and then modify it for each sport. Thats what I would do to ensure consistancy.

i agree with you. also i get my logos from their website and just edit them. i dont have the skill to make a logo. but my school does use a different logo for each sport.

Wow, your school has a lot of money for uniforms!

After re-evaluating my post, here are the football Uniforms that I see working: Home 1&2, Away1&2, Alternate 1. This is based on the way you have design them!

Otherwise nice job

nick Wall

"Find the flame, light the fire"

BEAT ASHEVILLE SCHOOL

yeh its in Boulder, Colorado. there are alot of little rich white kids! the names on the black jerseys arnt even name plate (they are just on there). I play football but im just O line so its not worth braging about. and almost every sport has 3 uniforms and names on the back! its a public school too! and our crosse town rivel (BOULDER) just is normal (no names on tha back and only 2 jerseys and pants)

yeh its in Boulder, Colorado. there are alot of little rich white kids! the names on the black jerseys arnt even name plate (they are just on there). I play football but im just O line so its not worth braging about. and almost every sport has 3 uniforms and names on the back! its a public school too! and our crosse town rivel (BOULDER) just is normal (no names on tha back and only 2 jerseys and pants)

They don't dress as well, hey? But can they SPELL better??? :P

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

only if you don't get any playing time. stay low and drive kid.

Archived