NHL Jersey Renderings...

AsM29

I just wanted to let you know that I think you're doing an awesome job with these jerseys. I've been watching hockey since I was a little kid, and all these jerseys from the 90s bring back memories like none other.

Ok, so now I'll get to my specific point. I can't exactly tell if you have this detail or not, and I'm going to be honest, I know it is a very obscure detail, but there is a small gray stripe at the bottom of the home version of this particular incarnation of the Islanders jersies. By small I mean perhaps an inch or so, but it is always there. It was there on the Fisherman ones as well as the ones modified by the removal of the Fisherman crest and the application of the traditional Islanders crest. I've always wondered why they decided to put the stripe there, as it wasn't present on the dark, away version of the same jersey. But I think if you look at as many pictures of the home, white Fisherman jersey as you can find, that gray stripe will be there in every one of them. I know it is a very small detail, but I also know you are wanting these to be as close to perfect as possible so I wanted to try to help out if I could.

For example:

lachanceisles.jpg

Saloiles.jpg

Once again, you are doing an excellent job with these! Thanks!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wanted to let you know that I think you're doing an awesome job with these jerseys. I've been watching hockey since I was a little kid, and all these jerseys from the 90s bring back memories like none other.

Ok, so now I'll get to my specific point. I can't exactly tell if you have this detail or not, and I'm going to be honest, I know it is a very obscure detail, but there is a small gray stripe at the bottom of the home version of this particular incarnation of the Islanders jersies. By small I mean perhaps an inch or so, but it is always there. It was there on the Fisherman ones as well as the ones modified by the removal of the Fisherman crest and the application of the traditional Islanders crest. I've always wondered why they decided to put the stripe there, as it wasn't present on the dark, away version of the same jersey. But I think if you look at as many pictures of the home, white Fisherman jersey as you can find, that gray stripe will be there in every one of them. I know it is a very small detail, but I also know you are wanting these to be as close to perfect as possible so I wanted to try to help out if I could.

For example:

lachanceisles.jpg

Saloiles.jpg

ebay_pictures_7559.jpg

Boy, you weren't lying. WTF is up with that? It seems so random... :blink:

Thanks a lot for the correction. I will surely fix it tomorrow. I could have just missed it but I don't believe that the official style guide has the stripe, but you can clearly see it in those pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

For example:

lachanceisles.jpg

Saloiles.jpg

Why do I now feel seeing these Islanders jerseys again that the fans were very, very wrong. These jerseys are awesomely beautiful, especially when see in actual game photos. So many elements were very good, maybe some tweaks were needed buy getting rid of everything was kind of throwing the baby out with the bath water IMHO!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Update

NewYorkIslandersFisherman-1.png

NewYorkIslandersFishermanAway.png

NewYorkIslandersFisherman25Patch.png

NewYorkIslandersFishermanAway25Patc.png

These are very well done indeed. Those take me back to the good old NHL I knew and loved back in the day. Those classic Whalers away jerseys are looking as great as ever, too. Once again, I think you are doing excellent work with these. I'm definitely looking forward to whatever other ones you plan on working up in the future.

• 1 month later...

Those numbers are so cool, and yet I woiuld never want the Red Wings to wear them in a game. Are those supposed to match the Bookman Swash wordmark?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived