NHL Jersey Renderings...

AsM29

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeff, are you really at 400 now?! I thought you were at 300 not too long ago...if you are, thats amazing, I haven't seen too much of your new stuff at the icejerseys board? Anything special arrive recently?

402 is the current total. I have had a number of new arrivals since the start of the new year, but have not had a chance to photograph them after being laid off from work. It's high on my list of things to do. I've also slowed way, way down on new purchases as a combination of losing my job and the change to Edge jerseys, which do not interest me, plus concentrating on getting my blank ones lettered instead of adding new projects to the list. Stay tuned for a photographic update.

That said, I must be the only person on here who loved the Flames' black horse alternate. That was an awesome jersey to me, IMO.

Count me in. I liked that jersey and thought it was a really good use of the idea of an alt jersey. For me, it's better than the red jersey with the black "C" logo they wear now. Black is the color of something cold and dead, and should not be used for something hot like flames.

I'd also bet my house on the fact that the Rangers Liberty alts were always the dark blue color and NHLUniforms.com agrees with me.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'd also bet my house on the fact that the Rangers Liberty alts were always the dark blue color and NHLUniforms.com agrees with me.

These two pictures seem to disagree...

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/viewimage....mp;bigpic=0#img

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/...20Jagr%20ft.JPG

Maybe the earlier blue just doesn't translate well to monitors...I dunno though..

Better?

NYR_alt_98-99-1.png

The number font is wrong on these (at least the "9" is.)

Look at this picture. I know it's not the exact same jersey, but the font should be the same. Sorry to nitpick on such a small things, but much like with AAO's project and the misplaced NBA logo, it's too close and too good not to be made perfect.

Nhl-Jerseys-99-Gretzky-.jpg

Also note - I think that the 9s that were used on the sleeves were closer to the font that you used for the back, but I'm not certain. I've seen it like that on the regular jersey, but I haven't seen a good enough pic of the alt to confirm.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes, the inside corners on all the numbers were beveled instead of 90° angles.

Also note that the lettering on the nameplate is also 3-D, like the numbers.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Illustrator has 3-D extruding capabilities, but it's really just a matter of offsetting a path, duplicating it, moving it down and to the right, then connecting those two paths together.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Better?

NYR_alt_98-99-1.png

Lovin' it!

Was the blue that light? My memory of the white alts are fuzzy

The colours on the collar are also incorrect. From the picture that DG_Now provided, the blue and red are swapped.

Great work, so far. I look forward to opening this topic and looking at your fantastic work!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On a non-related note, Nick got banned?

Really? For what?

If it's a topic that is to be kept on the DL then that's cool too.

Where the hell have you been? :P

Haha. That's what I'm saying.

I just looked through the banned members list earlier today and saw one female user--MBisordi--and I was wondering why the hell she got banned. It's kinda funny that you mention her...errr... him.

Thanks for clearin that up though haha.

It's also funny to see that he (technically) posted a comment to his own topic. haha.

Also, he might've takin this whole "alias" thingy further than CCSLC, seeing as to how he made an AIM account for her with the name of "smartblonde2482." :P

Aren't you all glad that I started that topic now that we busted Nick/MB?

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Really? For what?

I just looked through the banned members list earlier today and saw one female user--MBisordi--and I was wondering why the hell she got banned. It's kinda funny that you mention her...errr... him.

It's also funny to see that he (technically) posted a comment to his own topic. haha.

Also, he might've takin this whole "alias" thingy further than CCSLC, seeing as to how he made an AIM account for her with the name of "smartblonde2482." :P

For all we know, you could be Nick.

Cue: James Bond music.

Hi, how are you?

Ok guys, first of all I want to point out that I want you guys to nit-pick as much as you can. Secondly, all of the numbers and letters came from an official styleguide. It is hard to see, but the name letters are indeed 3d. However I did accidently use the sleeve numbers on the back and will fix it. Also, good call on the fact that I switched the colors on the collar. As far as the blue color goes, I will continue to go by what Pantone provides. Sometimes colors can be deceiving in pictures and I will continue to trust his swatches. I think I will slow down with posting these and wait until I have both front and back done so that I can show them together.

ALSO IF ANYONE HAS ANY OF THE NUMBER OR NAME FONTS USED ON ANY OF THE JERSEYS FROM THE 90s PLEASE PM ME, wether it be in vector, an actual font, or even a clean raster.

402 is the current total. I have had a number of new arrivals since the start of the new year, but have not had a chance to photograph them after being laid off from work. It's high on my list of things to do. I've also slowed way, way down on new purchases as a combination of losing my job and the change to Edge jerseys, which do not interest me, plus concentrating on getting my blank ones lettered instead of adding new projects to the list. Stay tuned for a photographic update.

Nice, I'm interested to see what you have picked up. The edge's are growing on me, but I think part of that is just wanting to get what my favorite player is wearing. Until two days ago, it had been about 2 months since I had picked up a jersey, I was even staying away from the boards, so I wouldn't be tempted by new idea. Also, I like the idea of getting to blank jerseys. I have so many blank jerseys that I need to take care of, I'm thinking my first pay check when I get a job will go to getting numbers on about 10 of them, and go from there.

ASM2931, I'm guessing you wont find the Blues font, as each numbers size depends on the actual jersey number, so they look proportional. As for the Coyotes, I believe those numbers are part of Roger Clemente's nhl pack. If you want to go into prototypes, like the gold Stars jersey, that Coyotes 3rd originally had a purple and beige neck, and a purple stripe separating the green and the desert. Starter made an initial batch before there were changes made. I have one in my webs shots. Finally, I don't believe there should be a nameplate on the Rangers White sweater, as they are one of the teams that sews directly to the jersey.

SEAsig.png

Ok guys, first of all I want to point out that I want you guys to nit-pick as much as you can.

The Rangers did not use nameplates. The letters were sewn directly to the jerseys and your illustration suggests a nameplate.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Really? For what?

Frankly, I don't understand why it took your topic to make it happen. That kid lead the league in second chances.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can certainly help with some of the colors once I get back home to Denver...I'm currently in Tampa (and using my wife's laptop right now), but am flying back to Denver in the morning.

I do know that the original Rangers' "Liberty" jersey colors were different originally, and were changed in - I want to say 2000 or so.

I can confirm it later.

Archived