AsM29

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you guys think?

St. Louis Blues 1994/95 - 1997/98

StLouisBluesWhite.png

StLouisBluesBlue.png

i can't believe the blues actually wore that. the only redeeming thing that came from that jersey is the horn logo which should have stayed but recolored. granted thats probably my first memory of the blues but i never was a fan of those jerseys then, or now.

and yes, i await the fishermans. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

i can't believe the blues actually wore that. the only redeeming thing that came from that jersey is the horn logo which should have stayed but recolored.

i remember seeing those jerseys for the first time... watching highlights on tsn, maybe during that pre-season? i saw the road uniforms (which had socks with those giant red diagonal stripes) and thought i had somehow missed the addition of some sort of horrible new expansion team

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

i can't believe the blues actually wore that. the only redeeming thing that came from that jersey is the horn logo which should have stayed but recolored.

i remember seeing those jerseys for the first time... watching highlights on tsn, maybe during that pre-season? i saw the road uniforms (which had socks with those giant red diagonal stripes) and thought i had somehow missed the addition of some sort of horrible new expansion team

It never ceases to amaze me how I seem to be the only fan of those jerseys. Not just a fan, but a huge fan. Not in the Islanders Fisherman "it's so bad that it's cool!" way, but totally legitimately. My tastes usually fall in line with most here (though there certainly are some big exceptions) but this is one case where I am clearly in the minority - and proud of it!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Google Images is your friend.

Are you serious? I don't even know what to say to that. Just to let you know, I have about 8 different sources that I go through before asking here. Also, google images isn't always your friend when looking for very specific images. Don't be a moran.

That's like asking nitroseed not to be a great designer.

That's like asking "I'm a flaming douche bag" not to be a flaming douche bag.

That's like asking gregjigga not to chase fat-bootied hoes.

That's like asking Randy Savage not to be macho.

That's like asking me not to be awesome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are you serious? I don't even know what to say to that. Just to let you know, I have about 8 different sources that I go through before asking here. Also, google images isn't always your friend when looking for very specific images. Don't be a moran.

That's like asking me to stand while I await a haircut.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

That's like asking me not to be awesome a massive tool.

Hi, how are you?

Nice job, but it's spelled Hawerchuk, not Hawerchuck.

Did someone say Dale Hawerchuk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3JYkrXNzqQ

It never ceases to amaze me how I seem to be the only fan of those jerseys. Not just a fan, but a huge fan. Not in the Islanders Fisherman "it's so bad that it's cool!" way, but totally legitimately. My tastes usually fall in line with most here (though there certainly are some big exceptions) but this is one case where I am clearly in the minority - and proud of it!

I really like those too. I never include them in my Curious, Weird and Ugly Collection and own 3 of them.

2339354030100337552S200x200Q85.jpg2629877550100337552S200x200Q85.jpg2428066680100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

That's like asking Brass97 and Shanurr not to post in every freakin' thread on the boards and get off topic while doing so.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Those Blues jerseys are so conceptually fantastic.

They had some tragic flaws and overall aren't something I'd have wanted to see them keep.

But there's a lot of things I like about them.

Primarily the concept of musical staff striping, the trumpet logo, and the willingness to put angled numbers with angled striping.

Those Blues jerseys are so conceptually fantastic.

They had some tragic flaws and overall aren't something I'd have wanted to see them keep.

But there's a lot of things I like about them.

Primarily the concept of musical staff striping, the trumpet logo, and the willingness to put angled numbers with angled striping.

Funny - the trumpet logo is the only thing I don't love about them!

Just to be clear - I do like that logo, just not on those jerseys. Too circular against all of the angles.

Also, is it just me, or does Gretzky's Blues jersey = Rose's Expos jersey? Either way - they're both ridiculously awesome.

Ok guys, I think I may have solved the number problem. What do you think?

Numbers don't quite look squashed enough. The top half of Gretzky's 9s look a bit too normal compared to the photos spyboy1 posted.

I certainly wouldn't go by my replicas as the final authority on how they should look. They were all bought customized, so I had no control over how they were done. The Hull is clearly off and the blue one is a Starter, and they were never too concerned with being perfect.

The odd thing about the blues jerseys from that time period is that the numbers were not 3 layers of twill. The middle layer was always a heat sealed shiny vinyl in between two twill layers. Odd.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

StLouisBluesHome.png

StLouisBluesAway.png

I may not be describing this well, but I'll give it a shot.

Picture the numbers with a line at the top of the number, and a line at the bottom of the number. You take the bottom line, at the left, and you bring that corner up a tab so the number gets bent properly.

Your solution to the problem was to make the numbers more like going to a vanishing point on the side. So, while a bit better execution than the first one, you're still not quite there.

I just realized that I forgot to switch the numbers on the front view. I will keep working on this and try to perfect them.

Also, if anyone else wants to give this a try, feel free.

Archived