Cubs Blue Alternates

CC97

I wouldn't be surprised to see Zambrano come out in blue for the throwback game, either. Guy's so crazy and superstitious, I wouldn't put it past him to demand the team not wear its scheduled throwbacks, because he's pitching.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

if I were a Jays fan, I would choose to go on Saturday just to see Halladay throw. That dude is a freaking beast!

And it looks like that's now what we're doing... when my dad says "i'd rather see halladay", I'm not arguing.

So i probably get greys (Marquis) and my dad gets his starting pitcher... everybody wins, except the Cubs :)

If I had my druthers, I'd go Saturday, too. But I owe my soul to the company store (old song), so Sunday, it is...

Unless it's raining. I wouldn't go see the '27 Yankees indoors...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

I happen to like the Cubs road jerseys too. I've got a #23 Sandberg on my wantlist.

There is nothing about the Cubs sets that I don't like.

All I really ask is a road "Cuba" alternate. GOD, I loved that jersey.

Congrats, Creamer. You've managed to be able to see my favorite team play live before I have. My best shot at seeing the Cubs at this point is to go to Spring Training. Get me a hat :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I happen to like the Cubs road jerseys too. I've got a #23 Sandberg on my wantlist.

There is nothing about the Cubs sets that I don't like.

All I really ask is a road "Cuba" alternate. GOD, I loved that jersey.

Congrats, Creamer. You've managed to be able to see my favorite team play live before I have. My best shot at seeing the Cubs at this point is to go to Spring Training. Get me a hat :D

How about a program?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Aw, c'mon, I got the man a hat and I'm not even a fellow Canadian. ;)

It's not fun if he gets me a Cubs hat though, Kev. You were at least good enough to get me the Twins alt. I can't, in good conscience. ask a Torontonian to get me a home Cubs cap in 7 3/4. I can ask Sodboy, though :D

Seriously, though, Creams, I'll take a throwback Jays cap in 7 3/4. Not sure what that is in metric, though. PM me for my address. This is for Father's Day, so I won't be sending you any cash.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Aw, c'mon, I got the man a hat and I'm not even a fellow Canadian. ;)

In all fairness Lee is a Western Canadian.

You bought a Lee a hat?! All you got me was a game of Dance Dance Revolution. :P

And a Costco-sized tub of Astroglide.

Remember. 7 3/4.

*edit- I'm talking about hat size, not anything to do with Astroglide*

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Friday's game:

capt.f104ffbaf9414d7aaeebf351cd08f0fc.cubs_blue_jays_baseball_fng105.jpg

Cubs looking classy in their road grays.

And I'm sorry, but those Blue Jays throwbacks are absolutely brutal. There's a reason why they left those unis behind in the 1980s.

6uXNWAo.png

Marquis starting today, and the Cubs are in Grey, while the Jays are in their Black alternates.

And I'm agreeing with Curty... the Jays throwbacks are looking worse to me the more they play in them. I'm now starting to think that they would have been better off using it on a once-a-year throwback night like the Giants, Cubs & Orioles just did.

It makes a sweet jersey to wear... its just not as sweet on the field.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived