And the MAHL does it again: the Detroit Dragons

Geoff

FYI, I don't use quotes when listing league levels except when it comes to the MAHL and the yet to be proven MWHL. They claim to be A level but it hasn't been proven yet. Neither has the EPHL but at least their going for decent sized arenas

http://detroitdragons.com

When the Great Lakes Sports City arena was rumored as the possible home of a MAHL team, a member on another board called to see if there was a lease in place. There wasn't but the person said that after the UHL bills that were left the money has got to be upfront and they hadn't seen anything from the MAHL, Andrew Haines, and or anyone else that is supposed to be the owners of the team (no one is listed on the website looks like another leage owned website). Anyway that person called again today and there is still no lease in place. The GLSC has five rinks and I would be surprised the team plays in one of the rinks with a smaller seating capacity and not the 3,500 arena.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

<_< Hmmm ... From the "league" ....

CANTON, OH ? The Mid-Atlantic Hockey League recently announced the schedule for its 1st Annual MAHL Rookie Tryout and Draft for the 2008-2009 season for August 9th and 10th at Arctic Coliseum in Chelsea (Michigan), home of the MAHL Chelsea Tornadoes. Andrew Haines, MAHL president and founder, said today that the response to the Rookie Camp has been tremendous with only a few spots on the Camp roster remaining open.

?We have been very pleased with the response to our scheduling of the tryout camp in August,? said Haines. ?In fact, we no longer have any of the 8 goaltender spots open on the roster.? Of the 80 roster spots, 8 had been reserved for goalies. All league coaches, general managers and owners will be in attendance for the camp and draft. The cost for the Rookie Tryout Camp is $300 per player. All interested players must pre-register. Camp registration includes practice jersey, lunch (both days of the camp), MAHL Equipment Bag, and MAHL T-shirt. Prizes will be awarded to players based on performance and a drawing will be conducted for prizes including hockey Sticks, warm up gear and other prizes.

at least this league can make somewhat decent logos, unlike the MWHL and actually if you include MWHL as an "A" league, then there are four teams just outside of Detroit (Fraser, Chelsea and Trenton in the MAHL and Wyandotte in the MWHL) in two leagues...if this keeps on going by next year (if the league is still active) all the teams will probably be around Metro Detroit

HumanitarianBowl.png

Does it mean anything if this league is a part of the NHL Network?

At this point, you could create a well known fantasy hockey league and be a part of the NHL Network.

at least this league can make somewhat decent logos, unlike the MWHL and actually if you include MWHL as an "A" league, then there are four teams just outside of Detroit (Fraser, Chelsea and Trenton in the MAHL and Wyandotte in the MWHL) in two leagues...if this keeps on going by next year (if the league is still active) all the teams will probably be around Metro Detroit

i think at that point they'll change the league name to the Detroit Hockey League or DHL.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

i think at that point they'll change the league name to the Detroit Hockey League or DHL.

That league also ships your packages.

about.-Style-dhllogo-MainLogoRef.MC4w.L2V0Yy9kZXNpZ24vZGVmYXVsdHN0eWxl.gif

Chelsea is just outside of Ann Arbor not Detroit. I was counting the MWHL when I said 3 teams.

eh? It's ok - nothing to write home about.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Well, the team is now homeless. They never got a lease with the GLSC (never tried) and the MWHL's Motor City Gamblers moved Fraser and into the GLSC after they signed a lease to use the Superior Arena. Source.

Archived