Blue Jays Redesign- Update

scottysprings

I like the lighter blue, but without the black it looks wayyy too plain. Plus with no Jay head it makes it even more plain.

Throw some black/cobalt into it and bring back a bird head of some kind and I would probably dig it. Or just spice it up a little more.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

If I were to see this on the field, I would ask what the hell a Jay is. The elimination of 'Blue' from the wordmark and of any kind of bird whatsoever makes this concept look like it's for a team literally called the J's. And ditching the Blue Jay head just because you don't like it isn't really a good excuse.

I'm sorry, but this is just way to plain, not enough appeal for a team with a fabulous (yes, fabulous) identity. Although, this would never work, I see a little, good in it, that being the shade of blue you used.

I'd like to see an update of this, preferably with an actual Blue Jay logo, and a script saying 'BlueJays' rather than simply 'Jays'.

If I were to see this on the field, I would ask what the hell a Jay is. The elimination of 'Blue' from the wordmark and of any kind of bird whatsoever makes this concept look like it's for a team literally called the J's.

Well as of now, there is no "Blue" in there wordmark anyway. I agree having the bird makes it more evident the team is the Blue Jays, but it looks like crap just sticking out of the "J".

I'm sorry, but this is just way to plain, not enough appeal for a team with a fabulous (yes, fabulous) identity. Although, this would never work, I see a little, good in it, that being the shade of blue you used.

What makes this plain and every other uniform in the MLB "appealing"? Their current uniforms are more boring than this. Not quite sure what your talking about with the fabulous identity, maybe for a team called the black jays.

- Color the belts. This sounds really stupid, I know, but believe it or not, it'll make it a bit less plain.

- Maybe use the "J" or the bird logo on the home caps.

Other than those two little things, I really like this concept. Not sure why people think it's boring; this is how most uniforms in the MLB look. Maybe you could try putting numbers on the front of the jerseys, too, I don't know. Good job, though. I like this better than what the Jays currently have.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

If I were to see this on the field, I would ask what the hell a Jay is. The elimination of 'Blue' from the wordmark and of any kind of bird whatsoever makes this concept look like it's for a team literally called the J's.
Well as of now, there is no "Blue" in there wordmark anyway. I agree having the bird makes it more evident the team is the Blue Jays, but it looks like crap just sticking out of the "J".

Yeah, I meant to put 'the elimination of the Blue Jay', not sure why I put that. :blink: But anyway, the Jays have a nice looking logo IMO, of course nothing like in the 80s and 90s, but it's decent. And think about it, a concept for a team called the Blue Jays is nothing without a blue jay somewhere in the identity.

What makes this plain and every other uniform in the MLB "appealing"? Their current uniforms are more boring than this. Not quite sure what your talking about with the fabulous identity, maybe for a team called the black jays.

They're plain for the identity of Toronto. Toronto has had such a unique look for the past thirty years, and these just look plain. I mean, numbers on the front of the jersey would be a major upgrade and possibly a shoulder logo at that.

Just my 2 cents.

Love this update!

Only things I would suggest are a different number font, or an outline to the numbers.

There a little plain. But wayyyy better than they are now.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I like the uniforms, actually, and I'm all for more blue. My problem is the lack of an identity without the bird logo. I dont think a team with a very tangible name like the Blue Jays can exist only with wordmarks. I mean, a team nickname like the Dodgers isn't really tangible, so the logos are all lettering. The Jays have a very workable logo, though.

Even though I feel a lot of people will be into the update, I say a definite NO. Please don't take offense to this, but the update seems to be a total sellout to the people who complained about the uniforms lacking 'identity.' The Bluejay's old uniforms/logo are very period specific (i.e. late 70's into the 80's) and lack longevity and timelessness. Therefore, I think they should only be worn as throwbacks. That's why I don't like the idea of updating the old logos, or line-through-the-letters font, etc. (However, if you arrived at the decision to throw the first idea out and completely revamp the old look on your own, then disregard this paragraph!)

With all that said, I too feel that the whole idea lacks identity. The original uniforms you came up with, however, are perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, I quite like them. They are very clean and classy. (It is far classier than their current uniforms anyway, with all the odd fonts and suchlike.) But dropping the "blue" from Bluejays is not a good idea. There isn't enough room in professional baseball for two teams with outrageously ambiguous identities that rhyme with " 'ays," let alone in the same division! ("Well, the Toronto Jays played the Tampa Bay Rays today." What? Too much "a" for me, thanks.) The Rays lack of identity is bad enough. Are they mantas or sunbeams? So what would Toronto then be? Letters or birds?

The constructive bits of criticism: It still needs the bird head. I agree with you that the bird coming out of the J looks dumb. Rework the current logo and make it a standalone mark? Also, I like the idea of using "Jays" on a jersey, but make it a plain blue alternate (the inverse of the home uniform). Have the white uniform say "Bluejays" or else put the bird head logo on the left breast. The away uniform is solid (maybe arch "Toronto?") and the cap/cap logo is fantastic.

Cool logo, it's definatly an upgrade from what they are wearing now.

I'll say 2 things I fing negative though:

#1- I agree with Ted. I think using just "Jays" is taking away from the teams identity. I love his comprimise idea of making the 3rd have "Jays" while make the home have "Blue Jays".

#2- I'm not sure what's going on with the white circle behind the Jay. Is that a baseball or just a white circle? I think adding stiching lines would make it look alot better.

Other than that, I like this identity alot. I feel that when the Blue Jays switched to the T-bird logo then to the current set they really cheepend one of MLB's greatest identities down to one of the worst.

This would be a huge set in the right direction for the Jays.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

It's a nice looking update, the jersey's are near perfection. The logo looks pretty decent too, but I'll have to agree with mr.negative, there needs to be stitches in the circle if it is a baseball.

Good update.

Archived