Stunning Illustrator Skills

Webhamster

These guys are pretty good, too. (scroll down after the link)

basang

People have that good of a handle on the gradient mesh tool make me feel like an idiot.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Oh...Wow!! That's about all I can say on that. I thought that I had a pretty decent handle on it but I see now I've much to learn indeed, but that's really why illustrator is such an amazing program, because you can know so much about one area of it's capabilities and do brilliant things with that, but then be totally lost and clueless on another aspect/tool.

98Falcons.png

Cool stuff, but the naked lady thing is kind of weird, isn't it? I understand that so much of art is representing the human form as accurately as possible, but I'm kind of put off by the idea of creating pubic hair with a mouse and wireframe.

But, then again, each artist has its own tools, so perhaps it's not so strange after all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I was at first blown away by these types of things, but then I thought about it and came to the conclusion that the only real obstacle to what is essentially tracing a photo is patience. It's not really a hard thing to do, but it takes a long time to complete. I thought, why even make a vector illustration when you already have the photo?

Then I wondered if there is anyone out there who actually does this for real, sets up a still life (a bowl of apples, nude model, whatever) and sits there with their MacBook, drawing in illustrator from a live model and then applies the complex color and gradient meshes based on what they see and perceive with their own eyes rather than what the camera or photo has told them they should see and perceive. So it's truly a drawing or illustration rather than a tracing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived