UNC Charlotte - Logo Change?

JBHoke

I've been hearing talk recently that the UNC Charlotte 49ers are considering changing their logo offering.

I've heard June 1st is the date that the new designs are to be released.

Has anyone else heard any news in regard to this?

Sorry, meant July 1st, not June 1st. Found this article here that says the school enlisted the company A3 Designs to work on the new image. Also talks about the possibility of the school changing it's name to become more disassociated with UNC School system.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any concrete information about the "July 1st" release potential.

Sorry, meant July 1st, not June 1st. Found this article here that says the school enlisted the company A3 Designs to work on the new image. Also talks about the possibility of the school changing it's name to become more disassociated with UNC School system.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any concrete information about the "July 1st" release potential.

From that story, I think it has more to do that the University wants to remove their association in terms of a logo to the city of Charlotte and "essence" of the crown. Or at least make it more distinct. I don't think athletics has much do to with it. They should loose credibility if the disassociate from the UNC system, but a changing of a logo for the school would be better as it looks too muck like the city's.

ugh, thats terrible. it will always be thought of as UNCC, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Charlotte University sounds so minor league, no matter how they dress it up. unless they actually remove themselves from the UNC system (which i think they're at no point to do) it's all just silly. forget the football, forget the name changes, and appreciate the fact it's an up and coming school with a lot going for it... focus on that and the rest takes of itself.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Just received confirmation from the University. They're changing the crown logo, nothing else. No name change at this time.

Charlottelogo.gif

This crown logo? I really liked this.

<_<

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

it will always be thought of as UNCC, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

actually, I thought they had already gone through measures to remove the "UNC" from a lot of stuff and just keep it as "Charlotte".

and to be honest, I have to disagree with you...I always just think of them as "Charlotte." whenever we play them in baseball, that is how i refer to them. UNC-Charlotte just sounds too long imo to say.

academically, they may be referred to commonly as UNC-Charlotte...but in the athletic world, I believe most know them as the Charlotte 49ers. look at their athletic website, not a trace of "UNC".

I always have, and probably always will call them "UNC Charlotte"...while I agree that athletically, they're probably better off being known as the Charlotte 49ers, calling them "Charlotte" just seems weird.

However, their previous logo was awesome. It was designed to play off the city's logo, and also looks like the flipping pages of a book as well. It'll be hard for them to upgrade from it.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived