Another Blue Jays idea

goforbroke

Not really much of a concept I admit, but what would you guys say if the Jays started using one or both of these an alt logo or a patch? I just isolated the head from the old alt, and fixed the eyebrow a little so it looked a tad less feminine.

bjlogo.jpg

bjlogo2.jpg

And in the current shade of blue:

bjlogo4.jpg

bjlogo3.jpg

I think its a cool looking logo and such a waste to see them ditch it completely. Its could be like their version of the cartoon oriole.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Not really much of a concept I admit, but what would you guys say if the Jays started using one or both of these an alt logo or a patch? I just isolated the head from the old alt, and fixed the eyebrow a little so it looked a tad less feminine.

bjlogo.jpg

bjlogo2.jpg

And in the current shade of blue:

bjlogo4.jpg

bjlogo3.jpg

I think its a cool looking logo and such a waste to see them ditch it completely. Its could be like their version of the cartoon oriole.

Well, if this doesn't "fly" you could always bring back BJ Birdie. :rolleyes:

I like this, with the leaf, but without it, I think it's really missing something.... like maybe a 'roid filled arm with a leaf tattooed on it. :P

Really likin the lighter blue, with the leaf though.

I hope you're not implying that I'm trying to pass this off as my own concept. I said straight out all I did was grab the head fromthe old alt. I just think its worth discussing if the Jays should ignor this alltogether or maybe they can still make it work.

I like this, with the leaf, but without it, I think it's really missing something.... like maybe a 'roid filled arm with a leaf tattooed on it. :P

I hope you're not implying that I'm trying to pass this off as my own concept. I said straight out all I did was grab the head fromthe old alt. I just think its worth discussing if the Jays should ignor this alltogether or maybe they can still make it work.

I don't think he's implying that at all. I believe that was LEWJ's cheeky way of saying that this logo may not fly in the post-steroid-shakedown majors because admittedly, the bird's arm is huge.

I wasn't trying to say that at all.

I'm just trying to say that without anything next to it (leaf or muscle filled arm), the head alone looks terribly plain.

In other words, with the leaf behind the head, I think it would work great on a cap.

Sorry about that man.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Oh ok... sorry for the accusing you of accusing me lol. Yeah I just think Its a cool looking logo and shouldn't be forgotten. I think with some tweaks (I'm really not a pro designer) it can work. I think its a better looking Jay than the one they use now at least.

I really don't know how the eye makes it look less feminine, if anything, it has the opposite effect. That is definitely a female blue jay.

Perhaps it is a female blue jay; after a while (I got the home version of this cap in 2003) it looked to me as if the blue jay was wearing lipstick.

Braden did a concept using the odd shaped T and this bird guy that I really liked. This one I like aswell. The leaf looks quite plain though. Perhaps try adding some highlights to it or make it darker or something. I just doesn't seem like it fits with the bird logo. Great start though!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived