PRODIGY THREAD: APPRENTICE

GFB

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, somebody brought to my attention that Chestnutz left Friday and will be in Italy for a week. I had read it, but forgot. So that leaves a whole three of you to choose from. It might be 7 on 4 for this challenge for the mmost part.

I don't really mind who is Task Manager. Whichever one of you wants to be, I will support.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Alrighty then. Weve got htis outta the way. I accept this position and thank you guys.

Ok, first things first. Ideas.

Our required color is royal blue...the obvious second choice is gold. I think we should stray away from the obvious and think outside the box. Lets try colors other than gold. I dont like the idea of using logos like the Ottawa senators or putting a senator in the logo. Lets try to make a logo that has sort of a roman feel, but doesnt look too cliche' or like the Ottawa senators.

Perhaps using an old roman shield or some other kind of old roman symbol like an eagle or something? I think itd be a good idea to put a historical spin on it.

As far as wordmarks, numbers, and names we could use old roman scripture type writing, and try to stay away from times roman and other fonts like it.

As far as colors go, we could use silver and white. Something like this: http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/378137/millennial_blue

Something else stately. If all else fails, we could fall back on gold, but I think it'd be best we set that for last this time and get the actual look out of the way.

Remember, guys. The ultimate prize here is not only free shirts for all of us, but to even the score with Optimus, and even put one up in our favor. Were the underdogs here, and its our time to shine.

The kids are comin back!

oBIgzrL.png

I really love your ideas, maz. The only thing I'm iffy on is the use of silver instead of gold. The royal/gold/white seems much more roman to me than royal/silver/white, but we can play around with it. Also, I'm just gonna throw out that when I first heard "North State Senators" I was thinking more like United States Senate than Roman Senators, but I like what maz is saying better.

For a logo...eagle holding a shield with crossed daggers?

I got a response:

I'll state no preference on this, but I will give you the name's origin: North Carolina is often referred to as the "Old North State," while Raleigh is its capital, and thus the home of its Senate.

I know that doesn't actually help, but perhaps by knowing where the name came from it might help in some other fashion.

That leads me to believe that something pertaining to the city of Raleigh and the senate there, but we have freedom with it.

Also, because of the screen printing method mac is using, we are only picking two colors besides royal blue.

oBIgzrL.png

This is the NC Legislature building apparently. Maybe use that in the logo somehow?

Also, this is the flag of NC. I think we should pick our colors from that. Royal Blue/Gold/Red maybe?

Archived