PRODIGY THREAD: APPRENTICE

GFB

Thing is, royal blue gold and red are pretty overplayed in sports. We may be able to pull it off.

Also, about the logo. I saw Optimus was going for a design with the NC Capitol building. Im not saying we should limit what were doing based on what they are, but we already used the same colors last time. Using the same kind of logo, intentional or not, would look really suspicious.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes...hmm...

what about something that played off the little part on the left hand side of the flag?

And Optimus is going for a design based on the legislature building...we could do the Capitol building if we wanted to.

One thing that is really bugging me, is that the other team is throwing out very vague ideas early, really limiting what we can do without looking like we stole their ideas. Right now, we can't use anything relating to the state or city flag, or the capital or legislature building, without it looking like we took their idea, while those are some of the obvious choices anyways.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, they have used both buildings in different sketches, so, umm, I don't know what we should do. One thing I noticed, that might work, is to use the top of the legislature building as part of a baseball diamond. With the way the top of the building comes to a point, I think it could be done. Then we would have to figure out what do do to fill the rest of the space. Maybe using the city or state flag design, or an NS or NSS. I don't know, just an idea, but since we don't know if the other team is using the building, I don't know what to do.....

MegatronSig2.jpg

We can't wait around for Optimus, we have to move forward too. Lets develop our logo and word mark and keep moving. Worrying about them will put us behind.

While I think going with the conservative approach of capitol building and state flag would normally be the right choice, maybe we can separate ourselves from optimus by putting together a more creative identity. Maybe we could do a logo of a suit-clad senator? Just something to set us apart...

I mentioned this to the other team, and figured I'd add it here as well.

I feel I need to interject again. Are you guys working in RGB? If so, you better convert to CMYK or Pantone values. Your RGB stuff won't reproduce correctly when printed.

Here is a quick idea.

northstate.png

What I dont like is that it gives off an impression of an Israeli national baseball team.

I like Sgoalie's idea of setting ourselves apart, but Im wary of using an actual senator.

I think I have an idea. I'll draw it up.

oBIgzrL.png

Ok, were stalling out here. Lets move along.

I say our colors should be a dark royal blue, silver, and maybe vegas gold. It has a prestigous official feel to it.

As far as logo, we can forget Optimus. Theyre bouncing all over the place with ideas, so we should to.

oBIgzrL.png

Here is a quick idea.

northstate.png

What I dont like is that it gives off an impression of an Israeli national baseball team.

How is that? Also, this is just a rough idea. Something else could be used to fill the space.

MegatronSig2.jpg

pantoneau1.png

I threw together a couple of color combos using Pantone values.

Vegas Gold: 461

Silver: 887

Red: 200

Royal Blue: 661

I can't really decide on which one I like better.

Here is a quick idea.

northstate.png

How is that?

The 6 points and colors. The arches of the building give off almost a mid-eastern feel, also.

I like these colors, but am not sure of the Pantone or CMYK numbers.

colorz.png

oBIgzrL.png

I really like that combo there...but I don't think that that blue is royal blue enough, thats the only thing.

011006b.jpgSENATOR%20ELIZABETH%20DOLE%20PHOTO.JPG

Here's an idea we kind of touched upon but not really...what about a rendition of these two (North Carolina's Senators) batting on either side of an "NSS". Its different, and maybe even a little comic.

I am not sure about using the actual senators. It would be very hard to make them look like Senators, it could be any person wearing a suit. Maybe somebody can prove me wrong, but I don't know if it would work for a sports team. It would definitely be different though. Is my idea worth messing with more? I only did it in blue and white, because I wasn't sure about the colors. I will work on it more, if you guys don't think it is a waste of time. We also need to get going on ideas for the front script while we are figuring out what to do for the sleeve patch.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I am not sure about using the actual senators. It would be very hard to make them look like Senators, it could be any person wearing a suit. Maybe somebody can prove me wrong, but I don't know if it would work for a sports team. It would definitely be different though. Is my idea worth messing with more. I only did it in blue and white, because I wasn't sure about the colors. I will work on it more, if you guys don't think it is a waste of time. We also need to get going on ideas for the front script while we are figuring out what to do for the sleeve patch.

I aleady got ideas for the front script drawn out, but my the rechargables in my camera need recharged, and I wont have acess to a scanner till tomorrow afternoon.

Good news. I should be recieving a digital drawing pad tomorrow, making drawing my ideas out and transferring them onto the computer a breeze.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived