PRODIGY THREAD: APPRENTICE

GFB

Well, that doesn't sound too good. I still worked on it a little bit, and can hopefully change your mind, unless we come up with something better. I changed the top to both make it a little more accurate, and to make it resemble the six pointed star a little bit less. I also added a little more detail, and went with just NS in the middle. Since we are still not sure on colors, I just did gold and white. The wordmark is just in the font the NS is in. I think we can do better, I just did that really quick. I think we should do a custom wordmark if we have the time. Anyways, let me know what you think.

northstate2.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, another thing I was messing around with. I think I like the style of that font. I believe it works well with the team name. It is kind of plain however, and doesn't seem very much like a softball wordmark. I messed around with the letters for a little bit, and tried turning it into more of a script. It is still very rough, especially the r and s, but you get the idea. If you three think it is worth working on a little bit more, I will, if not, I will try something new. On top is the original font, as you could probably guess.

northstate3.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

I have an idea. I drew up two wordmarks.

Perhaps, if you guys like em, we can pick one and use it solo on the front, and combined with the capital/field logo.

100_3868.png

Also, I dont know about you guys, but I personally dont like that gold.

oBIgzrL.png

Also, I dont know about you guys, but I personally dont like that gold.

Yeah, I am not too crazy about the gold either. It is just kind of a placeholder until we decide on a color scheme. I tried your blue, silver and gold, but when any silver touches the gold, it looks horrible, because they are similar shades.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I like that top wordmark, maz.

I'm thinking we should go with the royal/gold/red. I know its a common color combo but I think its what works best for us.

The sleeve logo doesnt look right with gold being the main color, same with the scripts which also look kind of generic. Maybe its because the gold color itself is odd, but it doesnt seem to show up against the blue as well. Im not sold on the "NS" either. NS and NSS are hard letters to astetically combine easily. Putting a wordmark across it instead would make it better IMO. Also, the same wordmark on the front as on the logo, it would make the design more fluid. As of right now dont think its a good idea trying to make a wordmark fit that logo.

Id hate to make it sound like im completely shooting your ideas down. I think that shoulder logo has some potential.

Anyways, about the star in the a in mine. I actually havent seen it done much, and I think it makes it look kind of plain without it.

oBIgzrL.png

Hey guys, if you haven't heard of it, fontstruct is web based application for creating fonts. Since we have to do custom numbers, maybe some of you could mess around with that. We may be better off using a vector program though, where we have full control. I don't know, but it is worth a try.

fontstruct

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, here is the wordmark I was working on in a couple of the suggested color schemes, and with an outline. The only way the silver and gold will work, is if the gold is very dark, or the silver and gold never touch.

northstate4.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, here is the wordmark I was working on in a couple of the suggested color schemes, and with an outline. The only way the silver and gold will work, is if the gold is very dark, or the silver and gold never touch.

northstate4.png

Those look great but I still don't like the color combos. I know yellow-orange looks good against royal blue, why don't we try that?

I like gold and white on the top best. I think its the best color scheme weve had yet. Id just make the gold alittle more yellowish so it doesnt look like a wierd shade of orange.

I think that could be our final wordmark. Not much more can be done to improve it (I mean that in a good way) and considering how short on time we are, Id accept that and get to thinking about the sleeve logo and fonts.

oBIgzrL.png

So, you are sold on the wordmarks now, huh? Here they are in the more yellow color you asked for. I also added a small royal blue drop-shadow, between the wordmark and its outline. I think it adds a lot to it, and makes the letters easier to read.

I too, really like this color combo. Nothing crazy, and maybe used to be

overused, but it seems nearly every royal blue and yellow team switched to a navy blue, so it is actually a little bit unique in sports. Also, it gives a classy, old-school look, which I think fits with this identity very well.

northstate6.png

edit: Also, here is the sleeve patch from earlier, in these colors.

northstate7.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Were stalling out badly here. Lets keep going.

We have our colors and wordmark. We need to find number/letter fonts to match well and a way to improve the sleeve logo.

Maybe tilting the "NS" upwards to match the wordmark alittle better?

oBIgzrL.png

I will mess with the sleeve logo a little bit more later. Sorry, I was busy all of yesterday and worked all day today. I am not sure I am understanding what Mac is saying about the screen printing. It just isn't making a lot of sense to me.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived