10 worst logos

jefrsn

the blazers logo is fantastic - not only does it have the 5 on 5 element, it creates a 't' and a 'b' (or a t and a p depending on who you're talking to)...I like it, its graphically original.
i can see a "b/p" but where is the "t" ?

I'm still trying to find out where the p is...the Blazers' logo looks like a "b" and a "q" melted together.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and i agree with them all except for the Islanders logo. while i am certainly no fan of hockey, i have always liked that logo and the color scheme with it. don't know why it was hated so much. dern hockey fans.

also, i thought possibly that brownie didn't deserve to be on this list but after some though...yes, yes he does.

I absolutely agree with you on the Fish-Sticks logo.

While it did become quite the farce, teh colour scheme is beautiful and was unique.

The rendering is very professional. The team isn't called the Island (which their current logo depicts).

Graphically, it's probalbly closer in style with 80% of AHL and Canadian Junior Major logos.

Not to mention a very imaginative striping pattern (especially shoulders).

I still wear mine... and got it for cheap (I wonder why???)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

and i agree with them all except for the Islanders logo. while i am certainly no fan of hockey, i have always liked that logo and the color scheme with it. don't know why it was hated so much. dern hockey fans.

also, i thought possibly that brownie didn't deserve to be on this list but after some though...yes, yes he does.

I absolutely agree with you on the Fish-Sticks logo.

While it did become quite the farce, teh colour scheme is beautiful and was unique.

The rendering is very professional. The team isn't called the Island (which their current logo depicts).

Graphically, it's probalbly closer in style with 80% of AHL and Canadian Junior Major logos.

Not to mention a very imaginative striping pattern (especially shoulders).

I still wear mine... and got it for cheap (I wonder why???)

agreed on all points. I got one from a garage sale in which the price tag said, "free". i asked him about it and how much he wanted for it and if the free sign was just a gimmick. he basically said, if you want it, then its yours free of charge. I did return the favor and bought some pierre turgeon and steve thomas memorabilia.

the reason people hated the logo was because of when it was debuted and the things that happened afterwards. i still believe if the logo and uniforms were released during a time where they were a perennial playoff team and on the cusp of the SCF, that whole fisherman debacle would be a moot point. it worked for the sabres.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

the blazers logo is fantastic - not only does it have the 5 on 5 element, it creates a 't' and a 'b' (or a t and a p depending on who you're talking to)...I like it, its graphically original.

I'm still trying to find out where the p is...the Blazers' logo looks like a "b" and a "q" melted together.

the 't' is uncrossed (so it therefore does look a little like an 'l' really...the 'p' is the righthand shape - lacking the curve back to a vertical line down. I know they are both a bit/very vague but the uniquness ofht e logo makes it instatnly recognisable...

the 't' is uncrossed (so it therefore does look a little like an 'l' really...the 'p' is the righthand shape - lacking the curve back to a vertical line down. I know they are both a bit/very vague but the uniquness ofht e logo makes it instatnly recognisable...

So you're saying it depicts certain letters by not quite depicting those letters? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Just so you know, the cross and the vertical line are fairly important to the making of actual Ts and Ps, respectively.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 4 weeks later...
To be fair, the blazers' logo was more understandable when it was straight and not italicized (early 90s redo?)

It actually looked like a "p" and a "b" - and was far superior to its current incarnation:

pen-1990trailblazers1.JPG

actually you can see that all they did was rotate it.

Archived