2008 KBO All-Star Game Logo and Team Logos

jurassic5

fan of the KBO here (for more info, check out my KBO forum in my sig). located in Korea for the summer again and thinking about going to the game. Karim Garcia of Lotte is the leading vote getter so far. (yes...the same Karim Garcia of "I fought a groundskeeper" fame).

the all-star game is set for August 3rd in Incheon. It's a port city, so i guess that's why there's a ship on the logo.

306101-0208002E2.jpg

here's what the logo looks like on the Hanwha Eagles hat:

306101-0208002E1.jpg

306101-0208002E.jpg

My Korean baseball website [MyKBO.net]

I'm wondering why it's in English

there's a lot of things here in korea that are written in English. All the teams' logos on their jersey's are written in English. but, unlike the japanese league, the player's names are not written in English...they are written in Korean (see below).

Kang Min-ho's walk-off HR from tonight's game.

NISI20080717_0007255385_web.jpg

I'm wondering why it's in English

there's a lot of things here in korea that are written in English. All the teams' logos on their jersey's are written in English. but, unlike the japanese league, the player's names are not written in English...they are written in Korean (see below).

Kang Min-ho's walk-off HR from tonight's game.

NISI20080717_0007255385_web.jpg

On the side of the helmet is that the team name or an ad?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Is there anywhere an American could purchase KBO caps?

currently, there are no retailers of KBO hats in the USA. I am buying as many as I can before I come back to the States here in Korea. New Era just became the official headwear of the KBO, so not all the teams have the 5950's yet. They run about 50 US dollars though per hat.

On the side of the helmet is that the team name or an ad?

that is an ad for Lotte's credit card. The team is sponsored by the Lotte and called the Giants.

when I get some time, I'll post some pictures of the teams' logos and uniforms.

Is that a boomerang under the Bears script??

And why cant the Asian leagues have more tradional looking uniforms instead of having all this crap thrown every where? (Adidas-style stripes down arms on the Twins and Lions, Thick orange stripe down arm on Eagles, etc.). The only decent looking uniforms is the Giants and Bears only because they actually look like a baseball uniform instead of a track suit. It bugs the crap out of me when teams throw unnecessary stripes and stuff on thier unis.

As for the all-star logo, it's no half-bad but its not great either. It looks sort of out-dated almost, like it couldve been used in 1985 or something.

And I agree, the Eagles cap is awesome.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

yes...the Doosan Bears have a boomerang under their logo...not sure why.

but here are a couple of throwback jerseys that some of the teams wear during the season:

Lotte and Doosan

oldschool.jpg

Doosan

doosanthrowback-1.jpg

Lotte

LotteThrowback.jpg

Samsung Lions

SamsungThrowback.jpg

Is that a boomerang under the Bears script??

And why cant the Asian leagues have more tradional looking uniforms instead of having all this crap thrown every where? (Adidas-style stripes down arms on the Twins and Lions, Thick orange stripe down arm on Eagles, etc.). The only decent looking uniforms is the Giants and Bears only because they actually look like a baseball uniform instead of a track suit. It bugs the crap out of me when teams throw unnecessary stripes and stuff on thier unis.

Because their main objective is to piss you off.

I was out taking photos at the World Junior AAA Baseball Championships over the weekend here in St. Albert, including the Korea-Australia game on Sunday afternoon. There was a pretty boisterous group of Korean fans right by me as I snapped photos, many of whom were wearing KBO team jerseys and caps. I remember a Bears jersey, a Bears cap, an Eagles jersey (maybe a throwback), and a Giants jersey. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any photos of them, as my camera's memory card was already nearly full from other photos I had taken during the day.

Archived