Prodigy Thread: Apprentice Challenge 4

chestnutz

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, about halfway through doing it I realized we didn't need it at all and if anything it was just something extra that could even bring us down. Much harder to make a banner in real life on photoshop than I thought. Anything else we need, or are we set?

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Beijing National Stadium

Beijing, China

14:00 GMT+8

An unfortunate series of events have lead to the abandonment of the current identity package for the quickly approaching Games of the XXIX Olympiad. With the opening ceremonies set to commence in just 2 days, the IOC and Olympic Officials have turned to the emerging Prodigy Design Collective to establish a new graphic identity worthy of the Olympic Games. After a week of hard work, the team of designers at PDC have put together a powerful graphic package that touches upon the culture of host city Beijing and the spirit of the Olympiad. Without further adieu, PDC is proud to present the graphic identity of the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.

Challenge4Presentation1.png

The design of the main "dragon head" logo and wordmark draw upon distinct elements of China's culture and history while remaining true to classic symbols of the Olympic Games. The dragon is an unrivaled figure in Chinese culture and conveys strength and power, two important traits for competing athletes. Another important aspect of the logo is a sublimated flame and torch, a symbol of the Olympiad and the spirit it brings.

Challenge4Presentation2.png

Sticking with the Dragon motif, the mascot of the Games is Jié, a playful dragon. Jié's name is Chinese for victory and triumph, which allude to the spirit of the Olympic games.

Challenge4Presentation3.png

The athletic wear designs feature the main design marks as well as Jié graphics, which will appeal to spectators both young and old.

prdbann.png

Lastly, a set of promotional banners were designed to showcase the new identity of the games. The design of the banners is very simplistic in an attempt to accentuate the newly designed graphics.

Guys, I am so sorry I disappeared last night. I was working on putting the banners on the template, and when I tried to get back online, the internet decided it didn't want to work. It just now came back on. Luckily though, we were pretty close to being done though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived