Prodigy Thread: Apprentice Challenge 4

chestnutz

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like what dp has done. I like the second version of the dragon mascot best and the first dragon head logo. If I'm going to put together the presentation we have to make final decisions on our work tonight so I can get it in by late tonight/early tomorrow because I have work at 8am. There's not much left to do besides select our final logos and mascot and put it on the template so I think everyone should vote on which logos they like and we can make any tweaks necessary.

I am working on the mascot. Any extras we are doing? Also, we need to think of a name for a dragon. Thinking of names and stuff is not my thing.

Oh, and do you really think the horns need changed? I would have to change them on both the mascot and logo, and I don't know if they should be messed with much. Everything else I have tried for the horns looked worse.

MegatronSig2.jpg

We were going to do banners to put on buildings and such, and I was going to photoshop them onto buildings and the like.

If you want to make them, please feel free. Our new slogan is "The people's Games".

I think the horns are fine as they are.

I guess we can name the mascot méng, which apparently means "people".

The above photoshopped pics should be included in the presentation as well as the logos and mascot.

oBIgzrL.png

We were going to do banners to put on buildings and such, and I was going to photoshop them onto buildings and the like.

If you want to make them, please feel free. Our new slogan is "The people's Games".

The above photoshopped pics should be included in the presentation as well as the logos and mascot.

I don't know about naming him the Chinese word for people. It just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Any other ideas?

MegatronSig2.jpg

I don't know about naming him the Chinese word for people. It just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Any other ideas?

What about "jié"? It means "victory; triumph; quick; prompt; rapid".

oBIgzrL.png

I don't know if I am sold on that one either. I have the mascot and logos on the template. What all does the logo usually appear on?

Well then, im not sure.

The logo usually appears on street banners, buildings, decorations of the stadia the events are in etc. etc.

Theres also apparel if you want to do more, but what I already did seems like a healthy amount for a basic presentation...not saying you shouldnt if you think we need more. But I say we make some banners and photoshop them on a building or two and call it a presentation. We dont want to go overboard.

oBIgzrL.png

absolutely agree with maz..

I love the logos on the clothing- it looks great. As for the name of the dragon, I think "jie" is very fitting for the olympic games.

As for the banners, if dp can email me the logos I'll try to work something up.

Okay, you will have them in just a minute. Maz, I think the kids shirt could use the Beijing wordmark and rings somewhere, but other than that, I agree that we have plenty there. What type of stuff should be included on the banner. Is it almost like an advertisement, or what? And, I say Jie is okay. We don't have a lot more time, so let's just go with that.

MegatronSig2.jpg

These banners are for decoration, not advertisement. Like the banners they put on buildings and stadiums in cities hosting the Super Bowl and World Cup and such, to liven things up and get the city in the spirit.

We can go with some kind of abstract design similar to the logo. I was thinking a street light pole banner, and maybe a horozontal rectangular banner, and a vertical one.

oBIgzrL.png

Its cool, and id hate to sound nitpicky, but doesnt seem to follow the same style as the apparel, and it seems to be more of an ad to me.

I meant stuff like this, involving our new slogan "The Peoples' Games":

524391177_0af47082f3.jpg

img.259540_t.jpg

DSC01766.JPG

oBIgzrL.png

Okay, I will try something else.

Also, someone has brought to my attention that the slogan, as well as the use of the five stars from the flag, could be viewed as glorifying communism. I am not sure if a slogan is really needed at all. I think the stars in the logo look nice, but it wouldn't really take much away from it if they were gone. What are your opinions on this?

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived