Prodigy Thread: Apprentice Challenge 4

chestnutz

Sounds good.

I'm already sketching some ideas for a mascot, since I'm drawing a bit of a blank on the logo. My idea is one of those cute little cartoon pandas, with one of the chinese hats that farmers wear (the cone looking things), and I'm trying to incorporate the 5 colors in somehow, whether it be the panda holding ribbons or ribbons revolving him or something.

Maybe a logo could be one of a chinese farmer. When I see that I immediately think of China. Just another idea.

Also, China's flag has 5 stars. The Olympics logo has 5 rings. Just something to think about.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry it has taken so long for me to post, I've been really busy. As far as PM goes, I'll definitely take the position. I have a lot going on outside of the boards right now so my availability is going to be tight but I think I can still be an effective PM regardless. If maz is allowed to retain position that would be fine with me as well. Well first thing's first, a timeframe. I like the one maz put out to be honest. The thing is we have to be stringent meeting these deadlines. So with that said, everyone put out your ideas for a logo!! Even just a preliminary mockup is good, just need to move things along and be decisive with our presentation.

I'm having trouble getting my pagoda logo represented on paper/screen...but here are too more ideas...

This is a SUPER ROUGH mock up. Its supposed to be a bamboo forest.

chinaahhhut8.png

This was my original logo sketch. Its like a dragon mask. Also if you look to the right I found out that when I write my "g"s they tend to look a lot like 8s so I fooled a little bit with using it as both in a word mark. And yes I know I left out the first "i" in Beijing at the bottom one. Spelling isn't really my strong point...

nyc08089sf3.jpg

Also I think that we should use red and yellow as the primary colors in our design, because they're China's flag colors.

Sorry I haven't been too active so far. I only have to work for a few hours tomorrow, and have Friday off, so I should be able to contribute quite a bit by then. I will try to get some ideas up by tomorrow at the latest.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Way to get the ball rolling SG30. I took about a half an hour and ran with the bamboo idea as well (didn't see you had done it too), and a simple idea came to me. Similar to your bamboo forest (again, a coincidence we both did the same thing) with 5 different colored bamboo sticks. I added the circle to get it more even, as without it it just looked too vertical. I played with perspective a bit on the others, making each little length in the bamboo stick a different color, and made it look like the viewer is looking over the bamboo. On the right I didn't even realize but it looks like chop sticks, another homage to China.

beijingbamboologos1.png

I also REALLY like that Beijin8 idea with the G. Very original and is much better than a simple chinese text that most others would use. Great job.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Here is one idea, in two color schemes, based on the Chinese flag, bamboo, and a fan. I am not sure about it yet, but I didn't spend a ton of time on it. I will definitely have some more stuff done by tomorrow, and possibly later tonight. I am going to work on some different ideas.

BeijingIdea1.png

BeijingIdea1a.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

WOW dp. That just looks awesome. With a little work it could be phenomenal. Its very exciting and says "welcome to China" very well.

Oh and I'm gone for now, my family and I will be driving to Boston tomorrow morning and I'll be home Sunday evening. I'll try to have some mascot sketches when I get back, as I spend a lot of time drawing on the road.

I really like what you've done, dp. I have off from work tomorrow so hopefully I can find to do some designs. If you don't mind, I'll try to work off of yours.

That is fine with me, this competition is all about teamwork. If you want, I can send you the vector. Did you get the Presentation template yet? Also, Maz, if you give me your E-mail address, or get on AIM, I'll send you that presentation template in PSD format. I will work on fixing the E in Beijing too.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I really like what you've done, dp. I have off from work tomorrow so hopefully I can find to do some designs. If you don't mind, I'll try to work off of yours.

That is fine with me, this competition is all about teamwork. If you want, I can send you the vector. Did you get the Presentation template yet? Also, Maz, if you give me your E-mail address, or get on AIM, I'll send you that presentation template in PSD format. I will work on fixing the E in Beijing too.

email = cjs115@comcasst.net

aim = cjs2693

oBIgzrL.png

Alright, I sent it Maz. If you, or any other team member, needs a file that I have, just let me know. Now, I fixed the E to make it lower case, and colored the rings to match everything else. Any other color ideas I should try?

BeijingIdea1b.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived